The Town Hall

Errol Street, Melbourne, Australia

The Town Hall Melbourne Reviews

Chelsea Chelsea
Mar 09, 2007
A dingy little pub. The Town Hall is about mid-way down the main part of Errol Street in North Melbourne.

Errol Street itself is the main hub of North Melbourne and is a trendy little place with cafes, florists, libraries, restaurants and all that sort of thing.

The pub has a relatively small entrance but once you get in you will notice that it seems to go on forever. They've even managed to hide a beer garden in there.

I don't know why they call it the Town Hall, because it's not actually in or even next to North Melbourne's Town Hall. It's confusing when you're trying to find it!

I popped in to join a few friends and I noticed the type of people who tended to hang out in this pub were either a) like us - uni students or people who looked like uni students, or b) weirdos. Sorry, but comb-overs and generally looking like you're a member of the Adams family is a bit strange. And when I say Adams family, I don't just mean Goth. There's nothing really wrong with being Goth, one of my best friends dresses in a Gothic style and can generally be labelled so. This was just a different brand of strange.

Anyway, other than strange people (admittedly there were only one or two tables of these) there was also a weird choice of art. A lot of religious art, although it wasn't the sort of nice old paintings or statues that you some times find in old buildings, the art was tacky and generally didn't seem to suit the place.

An interesting little tavern to have a drink or two.
eejot says:
But I have a comb-over :(
Posted on: Mar 27, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About The Town Hall

A long weekend (or two) in... Melbourne!
I always knew I'd like Melbourne. As a born-and-bred Sydney girl, I always wondered about the rivalry between those two cities and, now living in Canberra, the prospect of good quality, good value fo…Town hall pub in North Melbourne (Errol St) - on the cheaper side, grungy, nice beer garden, and I liked the CD collection…

Check Melbourne Hotel Deals