The Tiger Leaping Gorge

Lijiang, China
The Tiger Leaping Gorge - One of the varied sceneries you will encounter up there
The Tiger Leaping Gorge - treking trails

The Tiger Leaping Gorge Lijiang Reviews

avieira67 avieira67
Tiger Leaping Gorge Jan 17, 2017
To reach Tiger Leaping Gorge, I was lucky enough to travel with a Chinese guy wgo was travelling around in the country. Together, we took a bus from Lijiang bus station to Qiatou, for about 25 CNY. From Qiatou, one can go on foot or take a taxi until the entrance, located about 6 km away. The bus driver asked something to the passengers in Chinese but I didn't understand. Then, she moved us to another bus, but we didn't stop at the official entrance. At the end, they charged for each person 30 CNY, and we payed to a non official man 25 CNY to enter to the mountains. Official fare is 50 CNY for adults and, I think, 25 CNY for sudents.

We took the upper way, walking for about 6 -7 hours under a hot sun as far as Tina's Guest House, where we spent the night in a dormitory. Personally, I didn't like this place because rooms were not comfortable and dogs were used to visit the restaurant. They charged 25 CNY for a bed.

In the following day, we went down to the river side to the middle Tiger Leaping stone. Some trails are private, so we have to pay something between 5 and 10 CNY to get in. We took the way along the river as far as Walnut Grove, and not until Daju, where we caught a direct bus back to Lijiang for about 30 CNY at about 11:30 a.m.

Website: http://www.tigerleapinggorge.com/

May, 2006
HORSCHECK says:
Antonio, great tip with brilliant photos here. So photo uploading seems to work for you again?
Posted on: Jan 20, 2017
Jtomaslobo Jtomaslo…
TLG, amazing scenery and nice trail (and cheap!) Oct 07, 2013
This trip is a must if you are in Yunnan, China. It takes around 2 days, depending on how much distance you want to cover. It is also very cheap if you are keen to stay in dorms and try the nice food that the guesthouse on the way can offer.

I left Lijiang by a bus from the main station and headed to Qiaotou town, around 3 hours away. There, I just walked around 10 minutes past the entrance to the park and catched the trail to TLG. After walking around 20 kms through a magnificent trail and diverse landscapes, I arrived to Tina`s Guesthouse. There you can catch a bed in a dorm for 40 yuan and it is clean enough, though the service is regular. From Tina`s you can cross a bridge and keep walking a couple of minutes until you reach a ladder that will lead you to the Middle Rock, which is a 2 hours detour (up and down). It is very recommended because you will get down to the river and feel the explosive power of it. There is a fee of 10 yuan for this detour.

After passing the night in Tina`s, I decided to go back through the same way (20kms trek), but you can also get a bus at 8 am, 1 pm or 4pm from the guesthouse itself back to Lijiang or Qiaotou for a good price. Once I was back in Qiaotou, and very tired after this 2 days trek, I waited 10 minutes in the main road of the town for a random bus heading to Lijiang that stopped after my gesture. They took me back for 40 yuan, and are supposed to pass every 30 mins.

Try this hike, is one of my favourites!
One of the varied sceneries you wi…
Ils1976 says:
interesting!!
Posted on: Oct 07, 2013
luluyu luluyu
tiger leaping gorge Jun 20, 2011
I stayed in Mamanaxi 3 guesthouse in Lijiang,Yunnan. there are so many backpackers there so the guesthouse arrange buses to tiger leaping every morning at 8pm. it costs 30RMB to take a cab there. the cab will drop you in Jane's guesthouse where you started to trek. we got to jane's at noon. then we started trekking. at very first, it s quite easy, the track is really flat. when you trekked for about 3 hours, then there will be trails all they way up. kind of tough, but it s fine. just slow down a bit. we got to the halfway guesthouse at about 7pm. it s still very bright at that time. had dinner and took shower there. everything is very convenient. next day we started at about 9am and about 3 hours later we got to the middle tiger gorge to see the tiger stone. great view over there. it s a really must-go place in lijiang. well, I had great in trekking over there, hope you guys do.
treking trails
yangtse River flowing down the val…

Related Travel Blogs About The Tiger Leaping Gorge

Tiger Leaping Gorge!
After a bit of a mission, we found our way to the Tiger Leaping Gorge where we would be spending the next 2 days trekking. We ditched the bus idea and got a cab between the 4 of us, which was cheaper…Tiger Leaping Gorge where we would be spending the next 2 days trekking. We ditched the bus idea and got a cab between the 4 of us, which was cheaper…
Tiger Leaping Gorge Trek
People i met here, who contributed to and improved my trip: Juliana (Russia) We awoke early on Saturday to catch a bus from Lijiang to Quiatou and the start of the Tiger Leaping Gorge Trek. After a …Lijiang to Quiatou and the start of the Tiger Leaping Gorge Trek. After a 3 hour bus ride through some…
Tiger Leaping Gorge : Climbing Dragon Leaping Tiger
It’s a beautiful day in Stevie World once again.  He and his buddies Nick, Vanesha and Emmy are shuffled on to a mini-van bus and on route to the stimulatingly imaginative sounding ‘Tiger Le…Tiger Leaping Gorge’.  Two hours drive north west of Lijiang.  How did the gorge get its curious name…

Check Lijiang Hotel Deals