The Thinking Cup Coffee Shop

165 Tremont Street, Boston, MA, USA - (617) 482-5555

The Thinking Cup Coffee Shop Boston Reviews

jenniescharm jenniesc…
Coffee & Sweets by the Public Garden Jul 09, 2012
For a welcoming break and tasty snack close to the Public Garden, check out The Thinking Cup. This coffee shop has a great selection of delicious desserts and sandwiches. Whether I’m hungry or not, it takes a lot of self-control to walk past the shop without a least grabbing a sweet treat to go!

My weakness is cupcakes and anything chocolate, so the red velvet cupcakes are usually my first choice but I’ve also tried a few other desserts and have yet to be disappointed. (And as the cupcakes are mini, I don’t feel as guilty about indulging.) The desserts are freshly baked and in addition to cupcakes include scones, coffee cakes and petit fours.

As one should not try to live on desserts alone, the grilled cheese or tuna sandwiches are a good place to start for lunch. (Prices: $4.95 for grilled cheese to $9.95 for smoked salmon.) They also have a good breakfast menu that includes the usual suspects of bagels, muffins and croissants as well as breakfast sandwiches and oatmeal. (Prices: $1.50 bagel to $3.95 for a breakfast sandwich.)

I’m not a coffee or tea drinker so I can’t provide a review of their drinks. What I can share is that they feature Stumptown coffee and the menu includes latte, cappuccino, Americano, and espresso. Tea-wise, Thinking Cup serves organic loose-leaf tea from MEM Tea Imports.

In 2011, the Thinking Cup won awards from Boston Magazine, and Stuff Boston.

Check Boston Hotel Deals