The Tenggerese (Tengger people)

Bromo Mountain, Probolinggo, Indonesia

The Tenggerese (Tengger people) Probolinggo Reviews

cicie cicie
Life is like an art gallery, and there are so many beautiful paintings! Aug 23, 2014
The sunrise on Bromo Mountain was beyond beautiful. I have never had the pleasure of witnessing such an awesome creation. The story of that morning, still remains vividly in my mind. It was a surreal experience which forced me to see the magnificence of our world and how small we really are, in relationship to creation. For me, this was a true wonder of the world and I could not believe how fortunate I was to participate. The sunrise and landscape of Bromo mountain were pure magic and a tonic for my dreams and spirituality.

I felt the magic in the altitude and I flew in the clouds. The air grew chilly as the wind started to breathe. The fog and the dusty, desert area waited to transport me to yet another reality. The horsemen around the mountain caught my eye, added to the unfolding reality. These are local people of the mountain people, who are called the Tenggerese.

The Tenggerese live in the aroma of Mount Bromo and adhere to the peaceful nature of Hinduism. Crossing the Tenggerese Village I felt like I had somehow returned to Bali. Village shrines have Balinese influences, as shown by statues covered with black-and-white checkered cloths, yellow umbrellas and woven coconut-leaf decorations. Religious life in Tengger is not entirely the same as that in Bali, as the Kesada, Unan-unan and the Karo are the very important ceremonies.

The Tenggerese rely on farming for their livelihood, growing crops such as carrots, green onions, corn and potatoes on the slopes of Bromo Mountain, creating a panoramic view of waving green carpets. The mind is reminded of paintings in an art gallery.

The Tenggerese horseman "Ardi" , a local guide took me to walk and look around the Bromo area, I rented his horse to take me to the top of Bromo Crater. The Tenggerese generally, have bright brown eyes and dark skin. The wear normal clothes like Javanese people, except for the war "sharing" used to replace a jacket, to ward off cold. In addition to protecting the body from the cold mountain air, sarongs also have use as well as meaning. The Tenggerese always wear a "kupluk" or mountain hat. Indeed, they are colorful peoples.

Like most mountain people, the Tengger people live in harmony with nature. They maintain the sanctity of Mount Bromo and believe that no damage to the environment is correct and thus, uphold their customs. The Tenggerese believe in the natural harmony of life and man’s place in this harmony.

These people are unique, and live in the simplicity as well as diversity. It is this belief that gives the people around Mount Bromo the ability to live in harmony with other peoples of different beliefs.

I have tried to capture the face of people, the heart and the soul of the Tenggerese and their domain. My trip was a memorable blessing for me and my spirit. Wherever this life ride takes me is where I am going. I found myself again, and I found my place learning about life in harmony within, one more time.
With an eye he has the power of l…
The truth is you don't know what i…
Spiritual relationship between them
The greatest of him is a peaceful …
Besandri says:
Love the review, love the photos :)
Thanks for sharing ....
Brian
Posted on: Sep 15, 2014
arianna88 says:
Hhuy..... congrats for the Tengger review ...!!!
Posted on: Sep 07, 2014
rsvpme says:
Cicie..Once again you set the bar for others to follow. Your reviews are always stunning. Congratulations on making feature !
Posted on: Sep 07, 2014