The Tavern at Beekman Arms

Rhinebeck, New York

The Tavern at Beekman Arms Rhinebeck Reviews

mainhart mainhart
Colonial cozyness Nov 26, 2011
The Tavern at Beekman Arms is a restaurant located in another historic inn where Washington slept. Boy that man got around! Anyway, situated in the heart of lovely Rhinebeck NY this restaurant had long been one of my favorites for its delicious Colonial feeling menu and selections of seasonal game. I also loved the cozy pub atmosphere of the tavern and the colonial elegance of the dining rooms. Unfortunately several years ago it was transformed into a restaurant that served very trendy fare that felt more at home in a posh Manhattan setting, and I didn't return for years. Recently upon passing the restaurant, I checked the menu on a whim and discovered it seemed to have returned to its old ways. The food was excellent, even if the wild game was no longer prevalent on the menu. The tavern itself was just as warm and inviting as I remembered, but the dining room had been cleaned of its colonial elegance and replaced with a modern starkness. I chose to eat in the tavern. I am happy that this restaurant is back on my radar for my day trips Upstate.

Check Rhinebeck Hotel Deals