The Sydney Harbor Bridge

Sydney, Australia

The Sydney Harbor Bridge Reviews

Sahult Sahult
Sydney Harbor Bridge climb Mar 27, 2011
I climbed the Sydney Harbor Bridge.

You can make a reservation on the internet site but its a good thing to wait as long as possible to see what weather it will be.

We were a group of 12 people from around the world. It took 3 hours but you can choose what type of climb you want to make.

It was a easy walk, anyone helthy can make it.

Its very safe and the guide was very professional. You were not allowed to bring anything on the climb but there were photos taken on the top that you could by later in the shop.

A awesome day to remember!
rotorhead85 rotorhea…
The Sydney Harbor Bridge Jun 07, 2008
The Sydney Harbor Bridge spans Sydney Harbor and was officially opened on March 19, 1932. It remains the fourth-longest spanning-arch bridge in the world. It carries rail, vehicular, and pedestrian traffic between Sydney's central business district and the North Shore. According to the Guiness Book of Records it is the widest bridge in the world.

The arch span is 503 meters and reaches a height of 134 meters (440 feet) above mean sea level. The Sydney Harbor Bridge, the harbor, and the nearby Sydney Opera House are a well known icon worldwide for both Sydney and Australia.

At the time of my last visit, the Sydney Harbor Bridge Walk had not begun. Sunset is said to be the best time for that adventure and limited slots have to be reserved months in advance. Having a fear of heights, I cannot imagine standing on top of one of those arches.
The Sydney Harbor Bridge
One of the south pylons
Sydney
rotorhead85 says:
Thanks Mel, I can handle that!
Posted on: Mar 01, 2010
AussieMel82 says:
Hi there...my name is Melissa, I live in Neutral Bay which is north east of the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
I've done the Bridge Walk twice and would like to reassure you that regardless of your fear of heights you could definately climb the bridge.
Whilst it's very high up there, the arch is very wide and there are many steps which makes the climb seem alot less steep than what it is. The steel is obviously very thick and you cannot see down through the arch or over the edge of the bridge so it doesn't feel as if you're that high up. It's not like peering over the edge of a balcony for example.
Im sure if you come to Sydney and do the bridge walk yourself you would find the experience very enjoyable. : )
Posted on: Mar 01, 2010
jennjeff1 says:
Beautiful pics of Sydney Harbor Bridge, Dan! Best I've ever seen! ;-) ~Jeff
Posted on: Jun 07, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About The Sydney Harbor Bridge

First time in another country...and another continent
Well, I landed at the airport at 6:15am. I've already been up for 5 hours because of the time zone difference. Thank God I opted for the bigger seats. On United, it only cost me an extra 150/person. …Sydney Harbor Bridge and Sydney Opera House. Ashlee had to leave, and Rob and I made our way to the Markets…
Sydney - Day 2
Left the hotel early this morning to go exploring. It's been raining on and off all day so far - just like yesterday. I wandered down to Circular Quay - there are excellent views of the Sydney Harb…Sydney Harbor Bridge and the Sydney Opera house from there.  I then hiked around Sydney Cove…
Sydney Tower and the animals
So, today my Aunt Julie and her best friend Lynn decided they wanted some time with us. As a treat they took us inside the Sydney Tower (now called Centerpoint Tower if I believe, or maybe that's tha…Bridge, the Sydney Harbor Bridge. We ended up staying there about 30 min walking around before we decided we were…

Check Sydney Hotel Deals