The Sweet O Wine and Chocolate Lounge

9380 W Westgate Blvd Suite D101 Glendale, Glendale, AZ, USA

The Sweet O Wine and Chocolate Lounge Glendale Reviews

Amanda Amanda
May 05, 2007
If you find yourself in Glendale Arizona with some money to spare and an evening to pass, head over to this beautiful lounge.

It's not cheap. But it's really good. It specializes, as the name would suggest, in all things wine and chocolate; but also offers some other treats such as really nicely done cheese plates, and small sandwiches.

We were a large party of 9 when we went, and opted for the outdoor seating; this is Phoenix, and unless it's summer that's simply what you do. Several people got Paninis, and they were all really good; some of the ones we sampled were:

1. Scottish Smoked Salmon on a grilled blinis with dill creme fraiche and vegetable julienne

2. Shreddded duck confit with roasted tomato, with rondin sheep milk cheese

3. Tomato, fresh mozzarella and homemade pesto

4. Spanish cured ham, artichoke hearts, arugula, and fonina chees with a homemade pepperonata sauce.

We passed each around for each other to try; they were all really well done.

Our table also ordered a "Fruit and Nut Plate", that comes with an assortment of dried and fresh fruit, nuts, and chocolate. All really good quality.

But the real thing to do here is sample wine; and let me tell you, they have a lot to choose from; it actually becomes quite daunting. I am not a huge wine drinker; I'm not actually a huge drinker at all (though a few of you may not believe that) and wine especially doesn't hold much of a pull for me. Never the less, after receiving a small sample, I did in fact try a glass of Marenco, which is a mildly sparkling Moscato d'Asti, "Scrapona", year 2003, from Piedmont, Italy. Honestly, while I'm not sure how to describe it, the flavor was unlike anything I've had before; if I'd known wine could taste like this, I might have been more of a fan; but at $8.00 a glass, (small glass at that) I'll be a fan of one glass.

The service left something to be desired, but in no way hurt the evening. I just can't rave about it. They seemed flustered by everything. I think they should have had what we were having. :-)

You'll spend money here, but it's worth it if you have it to spend; the quality is high and it's a great way to spend an evening.
Amanda says:
Are you a couchsurfer Regor? That's actually who I went with - a whole group of couchsurfers...
Regor says:
So I hope they allow Coach Surfers cause I'd be there for awhile. :) Wine and Chocolate!
Eric says:
wow I love this place already just from the name.

Check Glendale Hotel Deals