The Sweet Divine

1801 S Ninth St, Saint Louis, MO, USA - (636)942-2900

The Sweet Divine Saint Louis Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
I've Already Been Back Jul 23, 2013
Oh. My. Word. LOVE the cupcakes at The Sweet Divine! I have wanted to try their cupcakes since they only had the food truck in St. Louis. But, I do live two hours from the city, so it took me awhile to get to The Sweet Divine. The cute little shop is located in Soulard, near the Market. The glass cupcake counter holds the days' cupcakes to choose from. The day I was there: the (patriotic) blondie (vanilla cake and vanilla icing), the chocolate chip cookie dough (chocolate cupcake with chocolate chip cookie dough baked in the center), red velvet, neopolitan (chocolate cake, strawberry and vanilla buttercreams), s'mores, salted caramel, and their complete original: the drunken pig (Newcastle Beer & sharp cheddar cheese cupcake, sharp cheddar cream cheese frosting, topped with bacon). Plus, other sweets like oatmeal cream pies, and chocolate whoopie pies. The chocolate chip cookie dough is what I got. And after tasting it, I wanted to take a dozen home! I LOVED this cupcake. The perfect size, with a good icing to cake ratio. Plus, the chocolate cake was perfect, and the cookie dough, chewy and the chocolate chips on top added a nice crunch.

There is a table and counter seats available to eat a sweet treat in the bakeshop, or they are boxed to go. At $3/cupcake, it is definitely worth it. The Sweet Divine also gives a discounted rate; the more cupcakes you buy, the cheaper they are. (For example, I bought four cupcakes, and they were 4/$10, making them $2.50 a piece.)

I can definitely see why The Sweet Divine has won Cupcake Wars on the Food Network. I would drive to St. Louis just for this cupcake!

I just had to make a return trip to The Sweet Divine when I was back in St. Louis just a couple weeks later. And they had the cupcake I wanted: the salted caramel that I didn't get the other time. It's a brown sugar cupcake with a salted caramel buttercream... wonderful! I liked it even better than the other.

Other cupcakes this day: the Twinkie, pink Champagne (pink champagne cupcake and buttercream), the Elvis (banana cupcake, peanut butter buttercream, topped with chocolate chips), and chocolate trio (chocolate cupcake, chocolate buttercream, topped with chocolate ganache)

And, yes, I fully intend on returning! There's at least a dozen cupcakes on their menu I want to try!
the cupcake counter