The Stockpot

18 Old Compton Street W1, London, United Kingdom

The Stockpot London Reviews

dancingunderthestars dancingu…
All travelers on a shoe string!! Jan 18, 2011
When I first came to London a few years ago, I watched my money very closely, this generally meant not eating out and definatly not touching the booze (London prices eh?) Then one day I was having a look about and came across this utterly charming place in Soho.

The Stockpot is something that has remained untouched, the decor is rather dated but it serves a awesome home cooked meal that doesnt break the bank.

Its evident that there menu has not changed in quite a few years. Dishes include; Shepherds Pie, Bubble and Squeak, Roast Dinners as well as good old favorites like fruit crumble and apple pie.

Ok, this will never be a-la-carte cuisine, but its good honest food that will fill a hungry traveler.

When we where there (4 of us) we have 4 main meals, 2 puddings and 8 bottles of beer and its cost us just under £25.00!! Well worth it in my eyes!!

Anyone that is coming to London should defiantly check it out because its now one of my favorite places to eat, and I live in London now!!!
jnwalsh says:
Great, thanks for the tip!
Posted on: Jan 18, 2011
vulindlela says:
Wow!
I have been to this place and I liked it!
Posted on: Jan 18, 2011
xxwishnonstarzz xxwishno…
Affordable find right in Soho! Jul 01, 2008
This is a gem in the middle of high-priced, tourist attraction restaurants. Located right around the corner from the Palace theatre (currently showing Spamalot), this smallish restaurant is very cozy (read: crowded), but its a very family atmosphere so the small space didn't bother me nor anyone around me. For around £5 you can get a great, filling, homestyle meal. My boyfriend had the fried cod and chips and I had the pork steak with pineapple sauce; nothing gourmet, just good food served hot for a decent price. Can't be beat!
kazarre kazarre
Food on a Budget in Central London Mar 24, 2008
Basically a cafe which serves food late. Food basic but cheap and filling (about a fiver). Mugs of tea, English puddings etc.

Check London Hotel Deals