The State of Missouri

Missouri, United States

The State of Missouri Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Misery? Missouri? Jun 20, 2008
I continue my journey within the United States, this stop is MISSOURI aka Misery. I visited the state of Missouri in early 2008 to attend the then popular Kansas City Travbuddy Meet-up organized by Travbuddies James (pearcetoyou) and Mark (travelman727). Kansas City, MO is a very beautiful City by the way, loved the fountains.

Located in the Midwest, Missouri is bordered by the states of Illinois, Iowa, Tennessee, Kentucky, Arkansas, Kansas, Nebraska and Oklahoma. It was admitted in to the union of states in 1821. The capital city of Missouri is Jefferson City (which I would love to visit some day). Other large cities include Kansas City, Springfield, Columbia and St.Louis.

I can not write with much authority on much of the State because I was only in Kansas City for a weekend (a rather busy one if I might add). We toured Kansas City mainly visiting the main attractions. If you find yourself in Kansas City, Missouri, I recommend you visit the following:

The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art: The museum is known for its neo-classical architecture and extensive collection of Asian art. It includes paintings by artists like Caravaggio (John in the Wilderness). Other artists displayed include Jean-Baptiste-Siméon Chardin, Petrus Christus, El Greco, Guercino, Alessandro Magnasco, Giuseppe Bazzani, Corrado Giaquinto, Cavalierie d'Arpino, Gaspare Traversi, Giuliano Bugiardini, Titian, Rembrandt, Peter Paul Rubens, as well as Impressionists Gustave Caillebotte, Edgar Degas, Claude Monet, and Vincent van Gogh, among others.

The World War 1 Memorial: This is United State’s official museum dedicated to World War I, as designated by Congress, and opened to the public in December 2006. The new subterranean facility greatly expands the previous facilities that are still housed on the main deck of the Liberty Memorial.

The Country Club Plaza: This includes precise light fixture reproductions of San Francisco's Path of Gold streetlights.

Power & Light District: The Power and Light District, which is named after the famed Power and Light building, was originally to be called 'KC Live!', which is now incorporated into the district as a live music and entertainment district. It features over 8 city blocks of restaurants, nightclubs and bars, shopping, retail, and is located downtown, across from the Sprint Center.

For food, you must stop at Jack Fiorella’s Steak House.

As always, have an open mind when reading a review: 'One man's meat is another man's Poison'. Hope you enjoyed reading my review, let me know what you think.
Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
The Travbuddies who visited Kansas…
Africancrab says:
Aah! how could I, I should definitely include you. Thanks James, we missed you in LV
Posted on: Feb 12, 2011
pearcetoyou says:
You left out one important landmark in MO to visit: ME! lol
Posted on: Feb 11, 2011
Africancrab says:
What a shame, it is a beautiful state.
Posted on: Dec 16, 2010