The Standard Miami

The Standard Miami Rates and Deals

The Standard Miami Miami Beach Reviews

janie2261 janie2261
Do Not Stay Here. It is Terrible!!! Mar 12, 2008
Firstly, I want to say that this hotel has a lot of potential. It could be great but the staff is just going to run this place into the ground because the service is beyond terrible.

Here’s my experience from a weekend at The Standard Miami:

Friday after checking in I went to the Grill by the pool for lunch. There was no hostess available and I just kind of walked around looking for someone to tell me where I could sit. Finally, I just took a seat by the ocean because it was open and I liked it. I had to flag down the waitress to get menus, that took 10 minutes, it was another 20 before someone took our order. Needless to say it was a looonnnnggg lunch and so was every other meal from there forward.

I had the x-large wet room, which I was informed is the best room in the hotel ($600 per night.) It didn’t look like much to me. Blond wood furniture and a white duvet and a very icky bathroom with old white subway tile that had years of dirt in the cracks. (Disgusting.) And!!! The water pooled in the shower and didn’t drain!!

The door to our room would not lock!!! It opened without the key. Anyone could’ve just walked right in. Again, we informed the front desk before we went out and when we got home from the club at 4:30 am it still wasn’t fixed. It never got fixed. We left Monday morning and our lock still didn’t work in our room.

I woke up every morning to a caterpillar climbing up my wall.

My ipod docking station didn’t work and it took me three calls to the front desk until I got some surly maintenance worker who had such an attitude about fixing the thing.

My room was not cleaned until at least 4pm every day.

One day I had no toilet paper until 6pm.

The towel attendant by the pool actually told me he hoped it rained so that he could go home early.

One of the waitresses rolled her eyes at me when I asked for a tea.
Eric says:
Thanks for the review -- is this the same company as the Standard in Los Angeles? I've been there once, but only at the rooftop bar -- where the drinks were overpriced
Posted on: Mar 12, 2008

The Standard Miami Overview

Located at the northern end of the Art Deco District on the lovely Belle Isle, the Standard Miami makes for a unique accommodation in Miami Beach. It is adjacent to the Venetian Causeway which places it near the downtown area, but also within a few minutes of South Beach, Biscayne Bay, Lincoln Road, the Convention Center and the Jewish Museum, among many other popular attractions and destinations in the area. The Standard Miami is located at 40 Island Avenue, which is less than nine miles from the Miami International Airport.

Each of the 105 rooms and suites within the Standard Miami is equipped with modern décor and furnishings, flat-screen TVs, high-speed Internet access, minibars and beverage centers (with organic foods only), luxury linens and toiletries, excellent views, direct dial phones and many other fine amenities.

The Standard Miami offers visitors many facilities and services that include a signature restaurant and grill, a business service center and private meeting rooms, a scenic terrace, steam and mud rooms, a comprehensive spa, private gardens, boat docks, 24-hour front desk service, and many more.

The Standard Miami Amenities

• Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Beauty Salon
  • Body Treatments
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes