The Staggering Ox

Helena, Montana

The Staggering Ox Helena Reviews

nforkan nforkan
Ultimate Sandwich Shop Mar 10, 2008
The Staggering Ox is a sandwich shop in Helena. (I believe there is also one in Missoula) They call their sandwiches "The Clubfoot." The bread is baked in coffee cans and then the top is cut off, and the bread is hollowed out to put in the meat, veggies, etc, so the sandwich stands upright on one end. The interior of the bread is also sold as "bread guts" that you dip in the shop's homemade ranch dressing (the best I've ever tasted), or another sauce of your choice. You can get pretty much any sandwich you want, all cleverly named, or they serve salad, quesadillas, and now pizza as well. The dining room is filled with the works of local artists, and live music is featured every Wednesday night. A great place to go for good food, and a laid back atmosphere. The sandwiches run between $5-$8...a little pricey for a sandwich, but well worth it.
bkretzer says:
This is a terrible review to read, when lunch is still an hour and a half away! Now I'm hungry. Oh, well, it wasn't like I was going to be able to make there for lunch anyway. But, when I;m in Helena, I'm going to make a point of stopping. This place sounds really good!
Posted on: Mar 11, 2008
travelman727 says:
Naci, what a great review! The Staggering Ox is my kind of place: mouthwatering meals, area artwork and marvelous musicians :-D
Posted on: Mar 10, 2008