The St. Regis Bangkok

The St. Regis Bangkok Rates and Deals

The St. Regis Bangkok Reviews

thelionking thelionk…
Downtown luxury Jun 04, 2014
Great hotel with a fantastic service.

Small pool on last floor facing a park.

Rooms are big and very comfortable.

The breakfast buffet is amazing and even after 11:00am we got served.

Location is perfect and only a few meters from the main shopping areas.

The Zuma restaurant in the lobby area is a great experience too, they are present in a few places and I confirm it is always excellent.
gardkarlsen gardkarl…
New luxury hotel with quality in all the details Jun 27, 2011
I have been to Bangkok a few times and I have stayed at hotels like Plaza Athenee, Sheraton Sukhumvit, Westin, Lebua, Centara CentralWorld, Le Meridien etc just to give some sort of idea of my experience with hotels in Bangkok before reading this review.

I normally try to stick to Starwood hotels these days as I have a Starwood gold card and that can of course bring some benefits. This time I choose to stay at St. Regis as they had a special opening offer as the hotel opened recently and because the location seemed pretty good. As usual I booked the hotel online of Starwood Preferred Guest and the rate was 7300 Bath excluding taxes. This offer also included breakfast for two or dinner for two, complimentary internet and a 1000 Baht voucher for Elmis spa.

Getting the airport taxi staff to understand where we were planning on going was not easy. First of all it is a new hotel in Bangkok and Thai’s normally struggle with some of the sounds in the St. Regis name. But we explained that it was on Ratchadamri road and next to another hotel. At the hotel we were welcomed and a woman took us to the reception on a higher level. Check in was not done in the regular way standing at a desk – instead it was done by sitting down in comfortable chairs while getting everything sorted out. Check in went fast and I was taken to my room 2005. The room was very impressive at first glance – the floor being with white tiles to start with and the rest in darker wood. To start with there were the usual wardrobes with lots of hangers, a small safe, robes etc. There was room enough for my large Samsonite suitcase to be placed between the wardrobes and I appreciate that. There was a large Samsung TV and in the furniture underneath it there was a fridge that even included a half size bottle of champagne – you don’t see that every day in hotel fridges.

The bed was huge and quite comfortable but the pillows were a bit too big and hard for my liking. There was also a desk with two chairs and a two seat sofa with a small table. And then there was a beautiful view of “The Royal Bangkok Sports Club” from windows stretching from floor to ceiling. The bathroom was set up it a genius way – there were sliding doors between the bedroom and the bathroom and hence it was possible to make it into a full room with 4 walls. The bathroom was tiled with light tiles, included huge mirrors, a modern style bathtub, two sinks and a large shower with a huge rainforest shower head. There were also very good amenities and the shower soap even included some scrubbing grains. There were also tooth brush, shaving kit, mouth wash etc. The towels were huge and soft. The toilet was in a small separate room in the bathroom and I think that it a good idea.

The breakfast was included in my room rate – I normally don’t eat that much breakfast but it is always interesting to take a look at the selection. Some of the Bangkok hotels have an enormous selection of food at the breakfast buffet. At St. Regis it seemed to be toned down a bit and hence it was not as impressive as other buffets. But the hotel did have all the stuff that you normally need – bread, selection of cereal, various fruits, various cold cuts of Italian ham and sausages, a selection of eggs in various ways made according to your order. I did not try the restaurants at the hotel but they have a hotel bar with the same great view over the sports club. There was even a sword on the bar and it seems like they use this every night when opening the champagne bottles.

The pool area was not huge but it actually looked like there was quite a lot of sun during the day in the pool area. In addition to this it seems like they also have a nice spa and exercise room at the same floor.

Location of the hotel is very good – as you have the skytrain station right outside the door it is easy to get around. But you can also walk if you can stand the Bangkok heat. It is only about 700 meters to CentralWorld or a bit longer to the start of Silom road.

But there is no such thing as a perfect hotel and here are some of the things that can be improved or things that didn’t work out quite as I expected at the hotel.

The internet was complimentary in my room rate but normally this is something that costs like 500 Baht per day. In these modern days I would like to see the internet for free at hotels. The internet also stopped the second I checked out of the hotel!

I also had free pressing of 4 items in my room rate and I got in touch with the butler service to get it picked up. But when I came back to the hotel at night the shirts had not been picked up and were never picked up at all.

The shower was great but the problem was that it was leaking out on the bathroom floor – I hope this is fixed soon as it is annoying with water splashing around on the floor.

When I booked the room online I got e-mails from both the reservation desk and the butler service asking me the same questions. This shouldn’t be necessary.

Despite of the few problems that I have mentioned above, I have to admit that this is one of the best hotels that I have stayed at in Bangkok and even around the world. The reception was great and the staff seems to be highly focused on giving the customers an exclusive experience. The room itself was beautiful and there seemed to be quality in all the details ranging from furniture, leather casings for everything to the great amenities. When I checked out I mentioned some of my “problems” as a feedback to the hotel and this was picked up by the assistant manager. She gave me her card and took the time to listen to my feedback and I appreciate that. I would not hesitate to stay at the hotel again if the price is right. It is a true luxury hotel!
The view from my room
Nice sofa in the room
The bed and open doors into the ba…
TV and mini bar area

The St. Regis Bangkok Overview

The St. Regis Bangkok combines timeless elegance with the cosmopolitan energy of a modern metropolis. The St. Regis Bangkok will provide the ultimate urban hotel experience, combining sophisticated style and amenities with unmatched St. Regis service. The St. Regis Bangkok will be the first hotel in Bangkok to introduce the signature St. Regis butler service to all guests who stay in the hotel. Exquisite design, commanding views, meticulous attention to detail and uncompromising St. Regis services and amenities ensure an exceptional guest experience. The St. Regis Bangkok features a Sky Lounge with panoramic views of the ever-changing landscape of this vibrant city. Hotel guests experience the art of living from unique gourmet adventures, the very best vintages from the wine cellar and personalized indulgences at the exclusive Elemis Spa to exclusive access to the well appointed exercise room, the inviting outdoor swimming pool and the contemporary poolside caf. The St. Regis Bangkok also offers a state-of-the-art business center, premier meeting technology, superbly appointed function venues and a bespoke butler event service that ensures every event is flawless and memorable. Guests of The St. Regis Bangkok may indulge in a fabulous sojourn of pampering and relaxation at the Elemis Spa, the first Elemis Spa in Thailand, and a mystical sanctuary for guests wanting to unwind in the most sophisticated spa environment imaginable. Offering a unique range of therapies, attentive individual service and signature products, every visit to the Elemis Spa promises a truly blissful experience. Exquisitely styled and lavishly appointed, the accommodations re-define luxury in Bangkok. Timeless elegance in design is the hallmark of the 176 guest rooms and 51 suites. Floor-to-ceiling windows offer unobstructed views of the city skyline
and of the greenery of the local parks and golf courses. The luxury of space in the rooms ranges from 45 square meters to 250 square meters. The 23 suites for extended stays feature an appointed pantry. While in residence, guests will enjoy
discreet attention from the signature St. Regis Butlers, who will flawlessly attend to every request 24 hours a day. Gracious touches like the signature St. Regis Bed with designer fittings and state of- the-art fixtures with Thai influences decorate these elegant accommodations. The light and spacious rooms with wooden flooring and lush carpeting with plush upholstery offer an urban respite for the discerning St. Regis guest, whether traveling on business or pleasure.
The hotel also offers dry cleaning, library, lobby, plunge pool, reception.
Additional Charges: To be collected at Check out.

The St. Regis Amenities

• Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes