The Squeeze Inn

916) 386-8599

The Squeeze Inn Sacramento Reviews

fjm1006 fjm1006
Cheese Skirt...Yummy... Mar 10, 2011
This place use to be a very tiny restrauant but because of a lawsuit the moved to a larger area where they could be ADA compliant. The food never changed however and if you don't know what a cheese skirt is then you must make this a stop on your journey. The burgers are great but unless your stomach is huge or you are splitting it I don't suggest you get the largest one they serve. Go for the 1/3 lb on sourdough. Just make sure you ask for the cheese skirt...
Where's the beef?
poohstanggt poohstan…
OMG...Cheese Skirts! Aug 15, 2008
I've been hearing about a great burger place in Sacramento from several coworkers and they advised it literally was a dive, but the best secret in town. Apparently it's not a secret anymore! Featured on Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives - Squeeze Inn was shared with the rest of the world!

Known for their incredible burgers, they command some seriously long waits, especially since the show aired. My friends have seen lines as long as 45 minutes long so I recommend calling your order in if you plan to stop by!

Melanie and I had to give it a try on our Guy Fieri foodie tour and fortunately, we hit it at the right time as there was only about 5-6 people ahead of us in line. Parking is very minimal here and do NOT park in neighboring lots, they will tow. There are about 5 spots out front and a few in the back. Keep driving around and something will open up - we ended up right in front after a couple loops around the area.

The Squeeze Inn is the true epitome of a dive! Counter seating only and I think my master bedroom may be bigger but it's very warm and inviting with about 12 seats available and orders taken over the seats when you first walk in. There are a few tables outside in the back so make sure to send someone in your party out to scope them out while you stand in line!

We had read online they were known for their cheeseburgers and the cheese skirt. What the heck is a cheese skirt you ask? Imagine oodles of grated cheese cooking over the burgers which get crispy and cut into large squares over the burger. Talk about heaven! WOW...the crispy greasy cheese is a great compliment on the burger and makes you want more. Melanie and I split the "Squeeze with Cheese" ($5.80) and glad we did. It is about 1/3 lb and half was perfect for me. Their fries looked incredible - huge portions with skins still on. Definitely looking forward to going back again for another cheese skirt! YUM!
The Squeeze Inn
Our split Squeeze with Cheese
Check out the cheese skirt!
Line forming outside
neiluk10 says:
wow that burger looks so delicious! i'm deffo going there this month!
Posted on: Aug 09, 2010
mellemel8 mellemel8
If you are a FOOD NETWORK fan and watch Guy Fieri's show drive in's, diners, and dives. this is one of them he visited.

erin and i pulled up on a true dive. it was a humbly look shack in the front. parking was horrible but it was worth to walk a block away to eat here.

when we walked to the front, there was already a line forming outside. it was hot and the line was moving fast. other were smart to call and pick up. as soon as we saw people walking out. we finally were inside. inside there are about 10 stools. no wonder it was called squeeze inn, you need to be to eat here. the smell of the cheese burning was yummy. the burgers were so huge that erin and i shared one squeeze with cheese to make room for cupcakes and frozen yogurt today.

we finally got a seat. we watch the cook made a "cheese skirt" it was a handful of cheese then it all melts together to form a wide flat crispy cheese skirt.

OMG i think i died and went to hamburger heaven. this one of the best burgers i have ever tasted. i would def come back here again and again.
squeeze with cheese
williamsworld williams…
Great Burgers May 17, 2008
The Squeeze Inn is a really a great little place that gets it's name either from the way you have to squeeze in to sit at the bar or because it is squeezed in between a couple of buildings. It is very cramped and is hard to see if you drive down the street too fast. There are a couple of tables out back or you can order your burgers to go.

Burgers are the main item on the menu, but cheese is probably what makes them famous. They put more cheese on each burger than most people put on a large pizza. You don't have to have cheese, if you don't want. They also have fresh cut fries with the skins still on them. They give you a whole lot of these as well. I would suggest sharing an order with a friend.

They also have Tacos, and steak sandwich, but stick to 1/3 pound burger and I promise you will come back.

The entire staff is fun and always talking to you as they cook. It is worth the drive from wherever you are.

Check Sacramento Hotel Deals