The Spitting Llama book exchange

Calle Linares # 947 (Inside de Hostal La Posada de la Abuela), La Paz, Bolivia - (591) 70398720, (591) 79770312

The Spitting Llama book exchange La Paz Reviews

playasol playasol
blazt in la paz Mar 12, 2011
take a cab too the BACOO HOSTEL,calle Alto de la alianza, located where the old "The Point" hostel was....they have everything there and they take you to wildest parties downtown afro bolivian style too after parties who last until next night....from the hostel you can easily visit downtown la paz on foot walk up and down and more up and more down
saima8 saima8
A wonderful resource for the traveler Jun 01, 2010
I love this little chain of 3 book exchanges!

I ran into one quite by accident in the town of Copacabana, which is on the square at Ave 6 de Agosto.

I traded 4 books I had brought with me from NYC (where people leave perfectly good books out on their stoop for people to take) and got a brand-new (to me) book Split Ends by British author Zoe Barnes. I also got a collection of stories that appeared in Seventeen magazine, published in 1951.

I got a biz card from the lady and found the even bigger Spitting Llama 2 blocks from my hotel when I returned to La Paz.

I exchanged 4 more books for 2 more kick-ass new-to-me books. Gotta love it!

How it works (from their website):

We have one of the best book exchanges in South America with over 6000 books in over 30 langauges in our stores. Our policy is simple; all of our books have a marked retail price and a 1 for 1 exchange gets you 50% off the marked price, 2 for 1 = FREE!

This does not apply to guidebooks and certain new or special titles that we import. We understand that some hotels and hostals offer this service for free as a perk to paying guests but remember that they charge for specialty service (lodging) and we must do the same because we are a bookstore and we strive to bring the absolute best selection of books to our customers.
The Spitting Llama in La Paz