The Spitfire

Birger Jarlsgatan 33, Stockholm, Sweden

The Spitfire Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice surprise on a cold day Feb 16, 2012
I was back in a snowy and cold Stockholm that looked like it was close to Christmas more than the middle of February as the opposite side of the street that I was walking still had light in the trees. The restaurant at my hotel was full and I was looking for a place to crab a bite. Not far from the hotel, actually almost next door, the Spitfire Pub was located, and they served pub food, which I was more than satisfied with.

The Spitfire is an ordinary British pub with tables for two people and sofas where you can chill out. The bar is not big but L-shaped so there were some nice corners to hide from the crowd.

Spitfire has a limited pub-menu with classics like fish and chips, burgers but also fajita and a wide range of tapas. I went for the fajita with meat with a cold beer and the girl behind the counter told me that they had new chef in the kitchen and he was pretty good. I choose to sit down in a sofa from where I could follow a football game on their TV above the bar.

To my surprise I hardly managed to taste my beer before the food was there and when I commented it the girl smiled. She was really sweet and had been running up and down from the basement because the beer I ordered was empty at the tap.

The food was actually much better than I had anticipated. The meat was spiced with chili and served with onions and red peppers; there were salad, salsa, guacamole and 4 small tortillas. I was pretty full after the meal and I was pleasantly surprised with meal and the place as such. I was happy was not full when I was there.
My meal
The bar
The decorations on the wall

Check Stockholm Hotel Deals