The Spice Table

114 S. Central Avenue, Los Angeles, CA, USA - (213) 620-1840

The Spice Table Los Angeles Reviews

Dandelion_IRL Dandelio…
Modern Indonesian-Vietnamese Jun 23, 2011
This place is gorgeous, with open fire (I always ask to be seated at the bar right before the fire), brick walls outside, and stone and aged wood inside, very warm and cozy. I found their wine list a bit too short and quite on expensive side; however, their beer on tap menu makes up for it by offering small ("tasting") sizes for $2.00! The food was absolutely fantastic, but I can only vouch for the vegetarian dishes since I do not eat meat. I've been to The Spice Table twice and sat at the bar right before their tantalizing fire on which all that amazing food gets prepared. I love to see how the dishes look like before I order them. So, I knew straight away I wanted to try every veg offering on the menu, and they tasted every bit as good as they looked. The cauliflowers were one of the best ones I've eaten, and I am no big fan (maybe that's the reason I remember that the other time they tasted so good were the ones at AOC, prepared with a touch of curry). The eggplants were delicious topped with their signature fiery sauce. But my favorite item on the menu were the sambal potatoes. Order them at your risk: they are totally addictive, crispy on the outside and with amazing texture and taste. I absolutely loved them.
Eric says: