The Spanish Steps Pub Crawl!!

Rome, Italy
The Spanish Steps Pub Crawl!! - 'Team Sweden' and me...two of the awesome people who work on the crawl!
The Spanish Steps Pub Crawl!! - The Pub Crawl Crew!
The Spanish Steps Pub Crawl!! - I won a drinking game...and got a free drink ticket!
The Spanish Steps Pub Crawl!! - See the cool ladies night T-shirts?  Tuesday is Ladies night!
The Spanish Steps Pub Crawl!! - Just hangin out in the bar.

The Spanish Steps Pub Crawl!! Rome Reviews

Simmons Simmons
Boat Scam Oct 04, 2012
Probably the worst pub crawl I have ever been on and I have been many of them, each time I travel.

Please stay a million miles away from this tour it is a complete rip-off.

Boat party on the Tiber River??? it was completely disappointing.

it's a damn PALAFITTE on the dirtiest side of the river. TOTAL SCAM!!!

Not worth the money they ask for it and you need to go and collect your souvenir t-shirt the next day.

Better go and look around the pubs and bars on your own.
jdig0304 jdig0304
Spanish Steps Pub Crawl Sep 06, 2011
My friends and I were sitting at a local cafe during our sightseeing and were approached by a guy handing out fliers. He happened to be one of the leaders that night on the pub crawl. One of his selling points was that there was going to be body shots. We ended up going on this tour that met by the Spanish Steps around 2030. The 20 euro included a free shirt if you go and pick it up from their office the next day. We went to the first bar where they had beer pong. This was not such a bad place.

The problems started when we had to get on a bus to go to the second bar. It was a 20 minute bus ride across the city. So it isnt a pub crawl but a pub ride. After being at this bar for entirely too long the call went out "Who wants to do a body shot?" Usually these include a willing female participant and a willing male participant. Neither could be found so they insisted on asking over and over again. Eventually they are able to perform the task. We had been told after the body shot we would be going to club, however they continued asking for volunteers for body shots. I have been on 7 different pub crawls in 7 european cities and this one was by far the worst one.

Recommended if you are 21 or under, in college, and looking to do body shots. If you are a little more mature I would stay away from this tour unless you want a free t-shirt. My friends and I wanted to erase the memory of this event so badly we didnt go pick ours up the next day.
ztm ztm
Fun Apr 18, 2011
The crew that runs the pub crawl will take great care of you & show you a good time. Everyone participating was very friendly. A great opportunity to meet new people & get introduced to new bars.
Gambla17 Gambla17
When In Rome do As............... May 20, 2008
A few years ago when staying in Rome, me and my travel buddies stumbled upon a tour called The Spanish Steps Pub Crawl. Its great it takes away any backpackers biggest problem. How do I have a really good night out, visit all the best bars and clubs and avoid paying 8 euro for a bottle of beer and the cover fee to a club, only to find the club is quite crappy inside.

If that sounds like you, I cant recommend this highly enough. Its only 20 euro. And in Rome 2 drinks and entrance to a club can be more than that. You meet at the Spanish steps 'obviously' at around 8.30. Where you are greeted by the guides. An awesome bunch of guys.

Then for the next hour you drink as much wine and beer as your belly can handle. And as you know after a few drinks, everyone's confidence is on a high and you really start to mingle with everyone, its great.

Then the tour begins, I cant remember exactly how many bars and clubs we went to that night, and the rest of the details of the night are sketchy. But you get a house drink of something in each bar you visit. And a pretty cool t-shirt. As well you take part in loads of drinking games.

In conclusion, if your visiting Rome and want a great night out and meet loads of people and not break your budget. This is for you. Its also great for all ages, 18+ of course. And I would do this on the first or second night of your stay. It really sets you up for the next few days with all the people you meet. Checkout there web site for more details.

One last thing make sure you have where your staying written on a piece of paper or something. It really helps. I had a bugger of a time getting home, as all I remembered that I was staying near central station. But some of my friends actually spent the night in a cardboard box bed, which a homeless man set up for them. But that's another story.

Anyway Happy Travels, Jackson.
ltkyle says:
I had the same experience as kgarciah. The bars were way too far apart. We spent over 20 minutes going from one to the other and had to take a bus to get there. The people running it were pretty annoying too, my friends and I ended up leaving as soon as we got to the 3rd bar. We went off on our own, met up with some cool people, and had an awesome night after that.
Posted on: May 29, 2011
kgarciah says:
That was the WORST pub crawl I have EVERRR done after Londons Pragues Madrids' Sevillas' THIS WAS THE WORST... DO NOT DO IT THEY TAKE YOU TO BUM FUCK ROME....YOU SPEND MORE TIME WALKING THAN DRINKING---very bad thing. AND the leaders are bitches.
Posted on: Mar 14, 2010
GabyBella says:
Hey Studio 1818 is one of the bars during the pub crawl! That place is amazing!
Posted on: Jul 04, 2009
carolyn3723 carolyn3…
Nov 22, 2007
This Pub Crawl meets ever night at the bottom of the Spanish Steps at 8:45 pm. If you are travelling in Rome and want to go out for some drinks...this is the place for you. It cost 20 euro, but you get lots of stuff for that, more info on the website. You'll even walk away with a snazzy t-shirt. The staff are from all over (Sweden, UK, USA and more) and they are all really cool. The crawl is aimed at english speakers, and it was reallly a lot of fun. I recommend it to anyone! Go check out the website for lots of pictures of the shananigans!
The Pub Crawl Crew!
"Team Sweden" and me...two of the …
I won a drinking game...and got a …
See the cool ladies night T-shirts…

Related Travel Blogs About The Spanish Steps Pub Crawl!!

A long night in Rome!
Well on this night we decided it would be a good idea to go on the Spanish Steps Pub Crawl in Rome. We met an American guy named Chris at our hostel so we invited him out with us for the Pub Crawl. T…Spanish Steps Pub Crawl in Rome. We met an American guy named Chris at our hostel so we invited him out with…
Spanish Steps Pub Crawl...and guess who?
When we got to Rome we split up with our new friends because they had nowhere to stay and a guy from a hostel offered to take them there, we planned to meet up again for Canada day but unfortunately …Rome we split up with our new friends because they had nowhere to stay and a guy from a hostel offered to take them there, we planned to meet…

Check Rome Hotel Deals