The Spa Wellness

www.thespa.com.ph - +63 2 856-5858

The Spa Wellness Taguig Reviews

drmcflurry drmcflur…
Anything But Luxury Dec 30, 2012
Marketed as a high-end spa in the middle of the global city of Taguig catering to the upper class society of Manila, this place unfortunately fell short of expectations. It may be good enough for the general population but for seasoned spa travelers this place is anything but luxury. Starting from the entrance I was greeted by nice muted interiors with high ceilings that made me feel I was in for a amazing spa experience. When I got to the reception the whole feeling started to wane. Reception people seemed like they were disinterested in selling what they had to offer. Instead of further bothering the reception I just browsed through their menu to look at what was available. Since I wanted my first experience at The Spa to be the best I asked them about their signature treatment. Apparently they didn't have one and the girl at the counter looked at me strange when I tried to describe what a 'signature' treatment was. After my failed attempt to get through to her I just settled for an aromatherapy massage. I asked if it was possible to get a male therapist to work in the pressure the receptionist dismissed my question by saying they only have female therapists which was fine with me but she obviously was getting tired of all my questions. I also wanted to get more information about the oils they use but the reception had very little knowledge about it except what was on the menu. Lockers were provided to keep all your personal items and an attendant hands you towels and shows you the grooming area where I made my own welcome drink (go figure). The whole place was poorly lit and ventilation was dismal. The whole place at the men's area felt like a cheap day spa where fat rich guys steam out their lard and have someone scrub their hairy back. The jacuzzi area was also dark as I can recall that I hardly noticed it. I remember walking to the treatment room with my head down trying hard to ignore the disappointment that was this place. Tiled floors and low ceilings felt really cheap. During the treatment the therapist did not ask about the pressure. As for the linen on the massage table, my shirt had more thread count. The massage oil used for the treatment was not rich to the touch and scent you expected for the treatment hardly lingered. Treatment room was more of a cubicle and nothing else except the massage table. The top portion of the walls were open probably for the air conditioning to seep in but this is definitely not acceptable especially if you can hear the guy next door have an annoying loud flirty conversation with his therapist, My therapist on the other hand was just average. She knew basic massage techniques but after feeling her rough hands I knew she wasn't going far in this career.

Overall, this place didn't give me the relaxing experience that I sought for at a high-end professional spa. It was so disappointing that I didn't bother lingering inside once the cheap massage was over. But considering the price it was good enough for a quick back rub. Other than a foot massage I wouldn't recommend this place as a premiere spa destination and definitely not a luxury 'wellness' center.
drmcflurry says:
Thanks Brian! I hope I didn't sound too prissy in the review. LOL!
Posted on: Jan 01, 2013
spocklogic says:
Amusing review there, Mike, and some great lines in the narrative!
Posted on: Dec 31, 2012