The Smokey Pig

212 South Washington Highway, Ashland, VA, USA - 1-804-798-4590

The Smokey Pig Ashland Reviews

Andy99 Andy99
Great Barbecue at The Smokey Pig Sep 04, 2009
When Susan and I asked about places to have lunch in Ashland, the docent at Scotchtown recommended The Smokey Pig. We enjoy a good barbeque restaurant and this was one to add to our list!

The Smokey Pig offers both Virginia style and North Carolina style pork or beef barbecue. I ordered a Virginia sliced pork barbecue dinner. At $8.99 this was a bargain! The barbecue was a generous serving and came with two sides. It was tender and two BBQ sauces were offered. One traditional and one a Carolina-style vinegar based sauce. (I ordered cole slaw and potato salad as my sides.) Delicious!

The restaurant also offers BBQ sandwiches as well as ribs and burgers and other sandwiches.

For ambiance, the restaurant is located in a old wooden general store building and many pig-themed memorabilia items add to the decor.

Recommended when in the central Virginia area or as a stop when driving Interstate 95 along the East Coast.
The Smokey Pig restaurant
bkretzer says:
If it makes me hungry when I read it, it's a good review. I'm hungry. (Damn you)
Posted on: Sep 16, 2009
ejames01 says:
Great blog!! I love some good bbq.

Posted on: Sep 16, 2009