The Slanted Door

1 Ferry Building # 3, San Francisco, CA, USA

The Slanted Door San Francisco Reviews

tirsomaldonado tirsomal…
Trendy restaurant at the Embarcadero Apr 01, 2011
Since I read a review from Sybil I've had dinner in this restaurant for 3 years in a row! :) The atmosphere is awesome and the food is just perfect. I guess that is some kind of fusion among several cuisines.

It is not easy to get a table, but so far I have been able to eat there with no reservation. Although it was a Wednesday, so I guess on the weekends must be quite hard.

When you enter the restaurant you will find a chillout area to have something while you wait for your table. Actually we had to wait for more than 2 hours to sit down! :(

We had some wine, prawns grilled for starters and then we had crab cellophane and carm shrimp for mains. For desserts we had some kind of chocolate cake! everything came up to be $94 for 2 people!
Kickthecow Kickthec…
One of many great SF restaurants Sep 21, 2008
French Vietnamese fusion at its best, plus a sexy restaurant that overlooks the bay.
sybil sybil
Jun 25, 2007
I had high expectations prior to going in to this place. Everyone I know who ate here just raved about it. So, here are my thoughts:

First off, make reservations at least a month in advance. I made mine 2 weeks in advance and the best i could get was a 5:30 pm reservation (granted it was a Friday night). Although the time was not ideal, I just had to make the best of it.

Second, the location is ideal. It is in the Ferry Building and it would be good to get a table by the window to get the nice view of the bay. Also, you can walk around the new stores, shops, etc. in the Ferry Building prior to dining in.

Third, the food is pretty good. The cuisine is French Vietnamese. The food is served family style. We had the vegetarian spring rolls, which everyone at the table enjoyed. The dipping sauce was pretty good too. A friend had the papaya salad and she finished it all -- good sign. Another friend had the chicken stir fry and he liked that one too -- again, finished it all. And we also had the double cut pork chops. Yum! Finally, we had the spicy eggplant. I am partial to eggplants and this was delicious.

Fourth, the desserts we had were terrific. We had the creme brulee and the dark chocolate marquise. By the way, the chocolate is topped with cream, not ice cream. We paired the dessert with a port, madeira and les clos. Loved them all. The pairings made the dessert even more decadent.

Yes, I definitely recommend this place.
Dark Chocolate Marquise with a Smi…
tirsomaldonado says:
I am making a reservation! Good review, you convinced me :) any other places you recommend?
Posted on: Mar 22, 2008