The Skinny

174 Orchard St (between Houston St & Stanton St) , New York, NY, USA

The Skinny New York Reviews

Transitory Transito…
The Skinny-bar Sep 15, 2009
Hanging out here for a night cap was passably enjoyable. This is two of my friends' go to bar; they're chummy with the management, bartenders and bouncers or something, so going with them had nice perks, such as free drinks.

Since I went in a group, we provided our own entertainment, dancing, singing to the upbeat, diverse music selection. However, I don't think I'm really into this particular bar scene. Especially sitting towards the back of this slightly awkward, very narrow bar, where the lounge seats are. I was in the fringe of a divey place, it's a bit too shadowy in the back.

The bathroom is a bit dirty, with graffiti, semi-cool looking scrawled all over the walls and even the mirrors. Not helpful if you're a vain person ;). It seems like it could be/is used as a place to hook up, very cornered off, shadowy and gross imo but mentioning it for you lovely skeevy people out there.

Staff are good natured, laid back, and highly tolerant. The beer is in the cheaper range around $3, and cocktails are expected Manhattan prices, around $8+.

This is definitely a place to maul your date and/or gather round the bar itself.

Check New York Hotel Deals