The Silversmith Hotel & Suites

Check Chicago Hotel Deals

The Silversmith Hotel & Suites Chicago Reviews

waterfordgirl waterfor…
Pricey but great location Aug 13, 2014
Normally I lean toward cheaper accommodation. But during my recent trip to Chicago we decided to splurge on a fancier hotel. The location is great - within walking distance to Millennium Park, the Art Institute, shopping, and the loop.

The bathroom included a huge shower but after long days walking around the city I wish there had of been a tub or a pool/hot tub on site to soak in.

Also, if you're a light sleeper this might not be the best place for you. The hotel is located right next to the train so you can hear it at all hours. That being said I slept through the noise every night we were there.

The staff were friendly and helpful. Overall it was a good experience albeit on the pricey side.
Canondoll Canondoll
Downtown Hotel with wonderful staff May 24, 2011
Silversmith has that old traditional feel, which is not my style so there was no wow factor as far as interior decor goes here. The metal scrolls on each hotel room door was a nice touch though. Everything else had that old wood "creaky" feeling to me.

Really enjoyed the staff. They're all so nice. I happened to leave something at the desk during check in (where others were checking in too) and as I entered my room, my phone was ringing and it was the front desk letting me know I had forgotten it there. Neat :)

This hotel wins for

- Location (though I'm sure any downtown hotel would get a point for this!)

- Price - not bad for the location. About $200 a night.

- Staff - unbelievably nice. The bellman even went on a stroll along the streets with me to show me some restaurants and favorite spots since it was my first time visiting Chicago.

Parking fees are NOT cheap though. I believe it was over $40 and I wasn't there for more than 24 hours. Yikes

The Silversmith Hotel & Suites Overview

The Theater District is home to Silversmith Hotel & Suites, offering a unique vantage point from which to plan jaunts out into the history, culture, and business sectors. This city offers many adventures and areas for all guests to discover, while dining and sports are very popular here. Historical sites and popular attractions in the area include Millennium Park, Lake Michigan, Navy pier, the Magnificent Mile, Chicago Euro S, the Art Institute of Chicago, Field Museum, and Aria Restaurant. There are countless dining, shopping, entertainment, and nightlife venues within a few steps of the property. The airport is ten minutes from Silversmith Hotel & Suites, and the hotel offers car parking onsite. Public transportation is ample here as well.

Guestrooms at Silversmith Hotel & Suites offer a host of modern amenities, including high speed Internet access, cable television, working desks with lamps, many views, valet laundry, and 24 hour room service.

Silversmith Hotel & Suites offers an onsite fine dining restaurant, a fully equipped fitness center, ample business and meeting facilities, a bar and lounge, and 24 hour reception services.

The Silversmith Hotel & Suites Amenities

• Exhibit Space
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Disabled Parking
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels