The Siam Reap Hostel

Siam Reap, Cambodia

Compare Singer Island Hotel Rates (<1km away)

The Siam Reap Hostel Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Just another mega-hostel Mar 23, 2013
Grand and modern building stands close to the center of the town, surrounded with few more larger hotels and hostels. The Siam Reap Hostel has excellent location with walking distance of maybe 400m to night markets, bars and center of the town (center is closely associated with massage and fish feeding). Place is owned by Australians, but they like to say that it is co ownership with the locals.

I did not have any reservation and our bus was some 5 hours late which placed me in the new city around 3am, without any idea where to go. Girl that I met on the bus had reservation in this hostel so I shared tuk-tuk ride with her and tried my luck. No luck this time… We got there, woke up the desk guy and he informed me that there is no place for poor me… So I got back to the tuk-tuk and went around the town to at least 20 places, and when we passed by the hostel again I told driver to stop and went in again. I told the guy from reception that there is no place I can find around and that I would like to make reservation in the hostel for next couple days. I also asked him if it is ok to put my hammock somewhere around and sleep for a bit (it was already 4am), but he told me that I can sleep next to the pool area on the large sofas. There I placed my mosquito net and enjoyed a bit of sleep before pool boy came over and start doing his work.

The Siam Reap hostel is really well designed and it is like 5 star backpacker paradise. I think there are three floors and on the bottom floor they have bunch of long tables for people to mingle, eat or relax, and nice well maintained pool edges that area. Only bad thing is that there is no sun coming in the pool area so you cant really sunbathe. Downstairs also features bar and kitchen, tourist information area and reception where you can also get some tickets for bus transport or local adventures. There is lots of place on every floor and it is taken by terraces where people do yoga or some other exercises, play pool or foosball.

Rooms are specious, with separate bathroom and shower. Beds are more than perfect, double bed Ferrari with all things you wish for. Bed is thick nice large mattress, with lockers under the bed, few power sources and private light. If there was not for bed bugs that I encountered first night, it would be picture perfect place to stay. Manager solved bags issue very fast with closing off the room and moving six of us to other rooms.

This place is very popular with travelers so it would be wise to reserve your spot. Price is $6 for a dorm room that fits 6 people. Other things in the hostel are a bit overpriced and you will be better off to go and drink, eat, do laundry or buy your ticket somewhere else.

Compare Singer Island Hotel Rates (<1km away)

Siam Reap Map