The Shrimp Factory

Vicente Guerrero, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

The Shrimp Factory Cabo San Lucas Reviews

aelder2259 aelder22…
Beware of unrefrigerated foods Apr 11, 2009
While in Cabo on my honeymoon, we stopped at the Shrimp Factory to get some lunch. I ordered fish and it was served with tarter sauce. While eating, vendors from the street hounded us to buy their wares even though we were inside the restaurant. I thought the management should prohibit the vendors from going inside.

Later that evening, I started to get violently ill. My temperature was so high that I was convulsing and passing out. My hotel called a doctor who diagnosed food poisoning...most likely from the tarter sauce (I never stopped to think about whether it was refrigerated or not) since it's egg based.

For a restaurant as popular and as widely recommended at The Shrimp Factory, I took it for granted that food handling would be at a better standard. I won't make that mistake again!

Related Travel Blogs About The Shrimp Factory

Honeymoon Day 3
My version: The morning started off pretty hairy...we woke up at 5:00 a.m. to find the electricity wasn't working for most of the suite. Only the main room lamps and clock seemed to be working. This…Cabo San Lucas for dinner, The Shrimp Factory.  There we had a shrimp and fish platter with plenty of cocktail…

Check Cabo San Lucas Hotel Deals