The Ship Inn

Stanley St, Brisbane, Australia
www.theshipinn.com.au - (07) 3844 8000
The Ship Inn - The Ship Inn, Southbank Brisbane
The Ship Inn - Bulmers on Ice!

The Ship Inn Brisbane Reviews

AussieMel82 AussieMe…
Lovely spot for weekend Lunch Aug 06, 2014
My sister and I decided to have lunch here on a sunny winter Saturday after a beautiful walk down from Kangaroo Point. This place is an upmarket pub at the eastern end of Southbank Parklands. It's surrounded by ferns and plants and provides the perfect setting for something to eat and a few drinks.

We were able to get two mains for the price of one under our Entertainment Book offer and someone forgot to add two of our drinks to the bill (we discovered later) so it came up quite cheap. Otherwise you're looking at $18 for Bangers and Mash or $36 for surf and turf. There is a really good range of meals from starters to pub food to restaurant style mains.

I had a vegetarian lasagne with pumpkin and mushrooms for $22. It had the makings of a great meal but the bechamel sauce and the other sauce around the plate over powered the flavour in the dish itself. It was ok considering the price.

My sister had fish and chips which was also $22 and she said the fish was really light and told the waiter it was the best fish and chips she had in a long time.

The service was good although it wasn't that busy for a Saturday lunch and the atmosphere was exactly what we were looking for on a sunny day. Drink prices were reasonable, I had a bottle of Bulmers Original (330ml) which was about $7.

Good spot for lunch, great atmosphere...food could have been a little better.
Bulmers on Ice!