The Settlers Inn Bar and Eatery

Main Road, Tirau, New Zealand

The Settlers Inn Bar and Eatery Tirau Reviews

goezi goezi
Tirau's taste of English Mar 23, 2009
Agnes and I saw this place across the Main Road as we walked up the hill through Tirau. It looked like a good prospect for dinner when we were to make our way down later.

The building is set a little back from the street allowing for plenty of parking and for the sun to bathe the bar and surrounding decking in it's light and warmth.

Out by the steps from the carpark sits a blackboard sign and the printed menu. It was the usual pub/restaurant food that NZers expect to find and the prices seemed to be what I expected.

Also mentioned was Thursday's Quizz night and Friday's Poker night.

We entered the empty bar, which was set up like an English pub. The bar maid was sitting at one of the tables and jumped up to greet us with a smile and a very English accent when she spoke. We asked for a menu and sat at the same table in the corner where the sun seemed to fill the seating.

The first thing I noticed was that there were several flies also enjoying the sunlight steaming through the windows.

We went through the menu and I went for the fish and chips whilst Agnes had the fish of the day. Both were very good in size and I enjoyed mine as much as Agnes told me she enjoyed hers. We washed the meals down with a Montieths Lemon and Lime, tap beer -perfect with the fish!

It would have been a perfect meal except we spent as much time eating and drinking as we did waving the flies off our plates, our food, our glasses, our table and ourselves. Bit of a shame really.
The Settlers Inn