The Sekara Sri Lankan Cuisine

London, England

The Sekara Sri Lankan Cuisine London Reviews

Vikram Vikram
Amazing food Sri Lankan style, you know this one's value for money! Aug 25, 2008
The thing I like most about trips to London isn't just the sightseeing, it isn't the stores or the pubs, it isn't the Onken yogurt or Guiness or the Thortons chocolate, but it's the international variety of food and culture one can get. And it's the most unexpected findings that really stick with the mind.

It was in 2005 when I went with my parents to Buckingham Palace, it was peak afternoon and we were hungry and thirsty. It was one of the hottest days in London and we were all close to having a sunstroke. We wanted to head into any kind of rsnt, ANY KIND. And as we were walking towards Victoria Station, we came across this gem of a place. And ever since then, I've had dinner at this place in almost every UK trip of mine bar the one in Oct'08.

The resnt is tiny - very tiny but very well laid out. The pictures on the wall vary from real life pictures of various Sri Lankan celebrities who've visited the place, and paintings of Sri Lanka. The owner is Sri Lankan, although I doubt she cooks, she usually just hangs around doing nothing.

Now the food - very very tasty. The stringhoppers, the fresh coconut side dish, the actual curries, everything is very well done. It is a bit pricey, but you can't complain. Service is prompt, friendly staff, clean toilets, really can't find a single fault in this place. And ,very good veg and non veg options to keep both parties happy.

Check London Hotel Deals