The Sears Tower

Chicago, Illinois

The Sears Tower Chicago Reviews

My bread.....!!! Sep 23, 2013
Many years ago i saw from a friend of mine, photos from Sears Tower and i jealous enough!

At the time of its completion in 1973, it was the tallest building in the world, surpassing the World Trade Center towers in New York, and it held this rank for nearly 25 years!!!

The skyscraper is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Chicago, and over one million people visit its observation deck each year!

Last 4 years the name of building changed. The new name is Willis Tower, and it happenned because Willis group obtained the right to rename the building, as part of their lease on a portion of its offices. I prefer the old name of course..:)

When i arrived in Chicago, i moved from my neighborhood (Damen) by underground till the city center, and i asked about the Sears Tower. Fortunately the "traffic" wasn't as Empire state building and Rockefeller center. So after few minutes i was in the magic elevator to the top!

The best view from the top is toward the part of the city close to Michigan lake. The rest area is really indifferent.

But the hot spot of the building are the two glass protrusions, which permit to the visitors to "hover" in space!

The reactions of the guests are really funny! Some people afraid to walk 2 steps and be found in vacuo! The kids find it fun and their parents "bored" to take pictures!!!

Me as a big child, i took some special photos from the veranda and after 45 minutes i was already at the bottom, because the city of Chicago waiting for further exploration!
Skyscrapers and lake Michigan!
cisqo78 says:
That's some crazyyy pictures there! I hope I can get as good as pics as yours when I go in November.
Johnpro says:
You are the featured MYTH !!!
Congrats my friend Jim :)
vulindlela says:

Related Travel Blogs About The Sears Tower

Chicagoween, 2007
One Friday last October, we stowed away on a train and ended up in Chicago. Or bought an Amtrak ticket on the internet using a 10% off code, however you prefer to look at it. We were originally suppo…Sears Tower, Chicago. All really tall buildings that tower over the cities they reside in, all places I've been…
Trying to be good little tourists.
I had a few touristy things on the list for today, but once again, we had trouble leaving the hotel (we had breakfast, lunch, and dinner there, dammit! The food was delicious and FREE in the Royal Cl…towers). When this building was constructed, it unseated Chicago's Sears Tower as the tallest building in the world. Some…
Africancrab sightseeing in Chicago
I arrived in Chicago aboard American airlines twenty minutes earlier than the scheduled 5:10 p.m. arrival, the weather was a little over seventy degrees which compared to Tucson was almost thirty deg…Chicago skyline. The sears tower unmistakable as we approached; I had 'Googled 'the different towers that make up the Chicago

Check Chicago Hotel Deals