The Screening Room

6221 1694

The Screening Room Singapore Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
The rooftop bar @ Screening Room Dec 30, 2011
My review is not on the Screening Room - which is a mini cinema but the bar at the 3rd level (essentially the roof of the shophouse).

There is actually plenty of bars to choose from along Ann Siang Hill and Club Street but I will still come here just to be at the rooftop bar.

It can be considered quite low for a rooftop bar as its located at the 3rd floor but amongst the rows of shophouses surrounding it, I do get a decent (unblocked) view of parts of the city. I can clearly see the Chinese temple and the towering outlines of the tallest condominium in this area. On some nights, its actually quite breezy to be here. Just chilling in the couches with my mojito. They do serve a decent mojito.

Theres also bar food (prepared by the restaurant below at 1st floor) but theres a time limit, no food after 10 pm if i recalled correctly. For once it was closed to midnight I had a sudden craving for ice-cream cake while enjoying my champagne (weird I know! But I have sweet tooth sometimes) and the waitress are able to accomodate. I got a chocolate lava cake with a scoop of icecream :)

The crowd is mainly made up of expatriates and local yuppies alike so I rarely see tourists here.

Check Singapore Hotel Deals