The San Antonio Zoological Gardens and Aquarium

3903 N St. Mary's St, San Antonio, TX, USA

The San Antonio Zoological Gardens and Aquarium Reviews

Nair2011 Nair2011
A zoo with a learning experience May 01, 2011
On the way back from sea world, we have taken a hotel in 410 loop. In the hotel we have seen the inofrmation regarding the zoo and decided to visit the same next day.

One of the zoos I have spent more time reading the descriptions posted about the animals. Spent 5 hours in the place. Entrance fee is 8 USD for elders and 6 USD for kids.

Almost all I have seen in the text books when I was in school are in this Zoo. This zoo offers educational programs too.

There are many intresting places to take pics like the copper animal sculptures in the entrance.

Some times parking lot will be full on weekends. May have to park little far from the Zoo amd walk to reach the Zoo. Food and drinks are expensive in the stalls inside.
dts234 dts234
Small but quaint zoo in the heart of the city Jun 24, 2008
Geri and I visited the San Antonio Zoo for our aniversery as a fun and cheap alternative to traveling out of town. Located in Brackeridge Park between UIW and Trinity, this little zoo is quite quaint.

Tickets to get in are only $9/person but I found a coupon on their website to save a buck for both of us on admission

We arrived around 10:30am but I recommend everyone arrive at 9am when they open. There are not alot of tree's or shade at the zoo so most animals head inside nby lunch time so you cannot see very much.

This zoo had all the animals one would expect. Lions, Tigers, Bears, oh my!!! Plus Rhino's, Giraffe's, bugs, fish, birds, etc.

My favorite exhibit was the toda house though. There were several different species from all over the world. I thought it was a well thought out exhibit that was obviously made on a budget. This however did not detour from the fun of the room. That and it was air conditioned in their and 104 outside.

I was a little disapointed at the lack of things to do other than look at the animals. That sounds stupid but I remember going to zoo's when I was younger and their being craft fairs, and educational exhibits, and characters running around and such.

If you are looking for a cheap date or activity I highly recommend this place. However eat before you go, the food didnt taste very good.
stuartx13 stuartx13
Feb 03, 2008
Situated along the San Antonio River and next to Brackenridge Park, this zoo is considered one of the finest in America, housing more than 3,500 animals representing more than 700 species. The recently renovated "big cat" exhibit draws big crowds, as does the bird collection, which is one of the largest in the United States. Allow time for wandering around; even though there is plenty of directional signage, the exhibits are a confusing maze. The zoo offers educational programs weekly and is available for private events. Call for more information. Admission: USD8 adults; USD6 children ages 3-11 and seniors age 62 and older. Children ages two and younger are admitted free.
michellepowell says:
wonderful to read about San Antonio, i lived there for a long time. Don't forget to go to Chris Madrids by the zoo, great burgers.
Posted on: Feb 03, 2008