The Royale Bintang Kuala Lumpur

The Royale Bintang Kuala Lumpur Rates and Deals

The Royale Bintang Kuala Lumpur Reviews

fuz182 fuz182
Best Value for Money in Kuala Lumpur. Jul 13, 2011
This is one of my favourite hotels in Kuala Lumpur. I often go to Kuala Lumpur for business and for a relaxing weekend. The location of this hotel is UNPARALLELED. Right in the heart of the shopping district and walking distance from the shopping malls and eateries, it boasts the best location in Kuala Lumpur.
serene_lee serene_l…
Great Location Apr 25, 2011
Pluses : Great Location, great beds and pillows.

Negatives: Rooms look dirty and tired ( paint etc), smell like smoke, noisy, only half the lights and sockets work.

There are better value hotels for the same or less money close by.
fionaryann fionarya…
Convenient and Affordable Luxury May 30, 2009
Situated strategically in the heart of Bukit Bintang, Royale Bintang Hotel is very accessible to various malls like The Pavilion, Lot 10, Metrojaya Times Square, Sg Wang Plaza, BB Plaza, etc.

That's enough shopping to make you drop! Ok, I digress. Beds are soft and comfy, rooms are neat and clean upon entering, bathrooms are spacious enough.

My only complain was the loose showerhead. It was a chore making sure the showerhead didnt fly off the hook everytime I turned it on. On the 2nd night, the showerhead dropped on my toe and cracked my nail. Ouch? Called for housekeeping to get the showerhead fixed when I was out after that. Prompt service! :)

Room service was prompt and food was just average. Could probably find better eats along the streets nearby the hotel though.

Didn't get to try the complimentary breakfast buffet because we drank everynight in the hotel that we only got up a little before noon everyday!

Just across the road from the hotel is a small store serving Wanton(Dumpling) Noodles and some other food. Heard that they're well known for their Wanton noodles so I had to try it. Pretty tasty and unique, different from the ones we get in HK or Singapore.

Also try their 'Teh C Special' (Milk Tea Special) from the same stall. The 'special' ingredient I'm guessing is Liquid Gula Melaka (Malaysian Brown Sugar) at the bottom of the drink. Loved the sweetness! :)

Hotel is also located near the Monorail station. Just a 5min walk brings us anywhere we want!
Wanton noodles!
Teh c special!
jefrois says:
BMatital says:
Btw thanks for the information :D
abubu says:
wahahahhaa!!! featured! ur famous. :P
stevenguyen stevengu…
Dec 25, 2009
I was looking for a hotel in Damansara, a subdivision of Kuala Lumpur, filled with shopping centers and nice residential areas. The hotel is right in the center of a pretty huge shopping center called the Curve. I loved the options we had for meals as there are probably 100's of joints in near vicinity, so if you're looking for places to eat or shop, don't worry... because you don't have to leave this area at all! And if you want to go to the heart of Kuala Lumpur, it's a cab ride away from the city center - around 40RM (equivalent of $12).

The reception and housekeeping are top-notch! I can't stress that enough. They did a very good job of meeting all of my needs and they were extremely polite. From check-in to check-out, they are extremely efficient and treat guests like kings and queens. The price is relatively affordable at 245RM a night (equivalent of $71).
joel1978 joel1978
A nice hotel at a very good location Sep 18, 2008
The hotel is located at the edge of a mayor shopping street. It provides a good concierge service which is convenient for tourist. A pool and fitness center are at the disposal of guests. The breakfast is excellent. The rooms are nicely decorated, but particular the bathroom has lost its shine over time. It may be opportunistic to check whether there are recently redecorated rooms available.

If you want to visit the city, the hop-on hop-off bus service is a good way to do that. The concierge can provide a map with stops.
pms70 pms70
Luxury hotel in centre of Kuala Lumpur Oct 18, 2003
I stayed in this hotel twice, once in November 2003 and again in November 2005. The first time this was still a Novotel but that changed in 2004.

I booked this hotel myself after finding information on the internet. Emails were sent and responded to quickly and transport (limousine service which is basically a luxury taxi) from the airport to the hotel was arranged through the hotel. Unfortunately when we got to the airport the limousine wasn't there and after calling the hotel we heard there had been a mix-up. We ended up arranging the transport ourselves but were re-imbursed by the hotel.

We had booked a normal hotel room for ourselves and our 15 month old daughter, but to make up for the problem with the limousine we were upgraded to a junior suite. This consisted of a small room with a single bed through which you could walk to the double room with bar fridge and coffee & tea making facilities and a luxury bathroom. The room had a beautiful view of the Petronas Twin Towers.

Breakfast was wonderful, all you can eat buffet with Malay and Western Dishes. There's one catch though: the food that you don't eat will be weighed and if it's over a certain weight you will be charged for it. A good idea to reduce wastage!

We also enjoyed the hotel pool very much which is situated on the third floor in the central open area. Because the hotel is built around it it is shaded and quite cool for most of the day.

The hotel is situated close to the city centre and you can walk safely to several tourist attractions. Or if you prefer, you can get a taxi (not so safe!) at a reasonable price. We also made use of the on-site tourist information office and boked a tour to the Batu Caves. We had a wonderful three day stay here in 2003.

When we returned in 2005 we were bringing our two daughters so we had decided to book the junior suite this time. But lo and behold, we had similar problems with the booked limousine service and were upgraded again, to an executive suite this time! This room consisted of a large sittingroom with desk and high speed internet, a large bedroom with second tv, luxury bathroom and guest (?) toilet. We had another great few days in the hotel and would definitely go again if we get the chance to return to Kuala Lumpur!
Real_PeaceWarrior says:
Interesting concept with the wasted food, I bet most people eat all the veggies! You'll be hoping that next time you visit there is another mix-up with the limousine service, you will get an upgrade to the presidential suite!
gejah says:
wAt een slim idee, dat zouden ze overal moeten invoeren. Ook hier in nederland, dan is het afgelopen met dat gegraai!
Posted on: Nov 06, 2008
Biedjee says:
poor girl! That must be awful for you, being upgraded all the time!
Posted on: Nov 06, 2008

• Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Health Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels