The Royal Mandaya Hotel

The Royal Mandaya Hotel Rates and Deals

The Royal Mandaya Hotel Davao Reviews

TravellinChic Travelli…
Luxury service for Low price! Apr 14, 2012
For a Php3500 room, I really don't expect much. The pictures from the website looks nice but I still try to lower my expectation.

I was a bit worried about not having the van at the airport to pick me up and was so relieved to find the man holding a board with my name.

It took a bit while for the luggages to come out which is just enough time to enjoy the cultural dance show at the airport lobby. It was pretty cool esp with the stunts they are doing like a guy standing on another man's shoulder while dancing like an eagle.

The guy who's driving us to the hotel is very patient. Took a long while before we got hold of the luggages. We were helped with the luggages and ushered to our seats.

The driver gave us a bit of brief info while on our way. I asked about dropping by a place to buy the special siopao but was told it's out of way and instead he volunteered to buy it for us. I am impressed by the good customer service!

When I arrived at the hotel, I saw that the hotel's picture of the lobby were consistent in real. The receptionist is pleasant and very helpful and quick to process our check-in. There was a bit of mixed up since I am supposed to be booked at the new wing but upon checkin was told I will be staying at the old wing. When I told them about my preference, they said we could stay temporarily at the old wing and once there's room ready, we'll be moved. Later during the day, we were moved and I am pleased.

The location of the hotel is very good, very central and walking distance to many places including restaurants. It's also very easy to get a cab which the guards will be very willing and prompt to get you.

The breakfast is buffet and there's a great variety of selection and taste good as well. The dining area is also very nice, modern and chic. Love the breakfast!

They have a pool which looks nice with the blue color...i love blue :) There's a band playing in the pool area during the night so you could have some drinks beside the pool...didnt try if it's ok to also bring the drinks to the pool if say you're swimming and want some drinks... :)

the day after the pool is closed bec they said it's sunday and they do that. however, the sign said otherwise so I pointed this out and asked to be either allowed to swim or bring us to another hotel so we could use swimming pool. The lady talked with her supervisor while we are kindly asked to wait at the lounge. After some time the manager approached me in a soft voice that they will open the pool for us. :) I'm happy esp bec there's no one around. I love exclusive access :)

The driver was true to his word and really made an extra effort to buy us my special siopao. Really love the great service of this hotel.

Oh btw, they have wifi available in the room and lobby. One night, I needed to have an online business conference so I ask to stay at a table on the lounge, have my laptop plugged to power and got my conference working fine. The area I'm seated suppsedly will close around 10 or so but they allowed me to stay until past 12midnight without even disturbing me. They closed the other parts and waited patiently for me to finish! LOVE their great service. Would definitely come back!
westwind57 says:
congrats on your feature. i read your review and i think it is more than deserved! useful info. well done !!!!
monky says:
Congrats on your featured review!:)
vulindlela says: