The Royal Hawaiian a Luxury Collection Resort

The Royal Hawaiian a Luxury Collection Resort Rates and Deals

The Royal Hawaiian a Luxury Collection Resort Honolulu Reviews

cavlizzy cavlizzy
The Pink Palace always Wonderful May 25, 2011
**in progress**I began staying at the Royal Hawaiian with my Dad when I was about 12. I have spent Christmas there with a tree in our room from their floral nice. I can not say for sure how many times I have been lucky enough to vacation in this beautiful hotel but I would guess around 10 times. The new renovation is nice,,, but it is missing the old lighter pink charm, and the flower wallpaper that was THE Royal Hawaiian. However, you CAN'T beat the Pink Palace on service, charm, or elegance. They upgraded me to a suite with 2 bathrooms and much more! I mentioned it was my daughters birthday while we were there and the Chef surprised her with her very own CAKE! (see pics) They also mentioned her at the Luau. I wanted something nice delivered to her at our table, and the hotel bent over backwards having a special flower made for her hair. Then the announcer made a big deal on how it should be worn since she was SINGLE. In front of hundreds of people.... she was so honored. They also have the BEST personal surf lessons, canoe,or rent your own beach-boy for the day! I highly recommend their sweet potato fries!! ... along with a Mai Tai of course. The new pool is small... but you surely came to Hawaii for the beach anyway! They have private seating with umbrellas. (get there early if you want one)
The Royal Hawaiian - June 28,2010
Happy to have arrived with our Roy…
Greeting flowers!!
Living Room
cavlizzy says:
They are! THE place to stay when in Waikiki. You can walk right onto the beach or to shopping, eating..etc... and there are so many plants and trees surrounding this hotel it drowns out what is just beyond........
Posted on: May 26, 2011
RyanCorrea says:
The hotel staff sound awesome...:)
Posted on: May 25, 2011
Rachelsc Rachelsc
Romantic Escape, October 2010 Jul 24, 2011
I went on a short tour to Hawaii together with my husband and about 35 others in October 2010. Originally we were booked into the Sheraton Waikiki and was told that we were "upgraded" to stay at the Royal Hawaiian while on transit at Incheon International Airport, Seoul.

With at least 18 hours of travelling and arriving at the infamous pink hotel at 2am, we were exhausted. So here goes my very first impression of this hotel

The place was romantically and adequately lit, even at the time of the night. We were able to get our rooms sorted out with minimum fuss although there were 35 of us checking in simultaneously. Credit also goes to our tour guides.

The room was "different" - by that I mean that it's not like the normal contemporary ambience that I normally see and feel when I check into any other hotels. This room looked as though it belonged to the 1950's with good working condition on all furniture and bathroom facilities. It had a very cozy feel to it which makes me want to curl up in bed with a good book in hand.

The next morning we went out of the hotel to have a proper look at the facade. The huge trees surrounding the building added to the character of the entire resort.

Breakfast was at Kai Market, Sheraton, just adjacent to the Royal Hawaiian. It was said to have one of the best breakfast spreads around. The garden herbs wall was something unique. It gave the word FRESH a new meaning when the chef plucked some leaves off the wall to make an omelette.

The waitress who served us was very informative and friendly. It was my first time eating egg benedict and she explained that they normally serve a different stuffing every day.

The beach front was awesome. White sand and blue seas with a good view of Diamond Head. For people who loves the sun, this is the place to go to.

The Royal Hawaiian swimming pool is not very big (I can't even remember how it looked like). We were told that we can use Sheraton's infinity pool because both are part of Starwood Hotel. A green band on the wrist identified us as one of the guests. From an angle, it looked as though the swimming pool stretches into the sea. There were many deck chairs for sun bathers wanting a tan.

Surrounding the resort is a shopping haven for shopaholics. I didn't get to see all the shops because there simply wasn't enough time.

It was a truly memorable stay. I'm am now in the midst of planning my second trip to Hawaii and when I compare all other hotels, I still think of going back to the Royal Hawaiian. It's like a vacation home to go back to.
Cozy 1950's style bedroom
The beautiful huge trees surroundi…
Sun bathers' paradise
Beautiful beach

The Royal Hawaiian a Luxury Collection Resort Overview

The Royal Hawaiian, A Luxury Collection Resort is located on the beach in Honolulu's Waikiki neighborhood, close to International Market Place, Waikiki Beach, and Diamond Head. Other points of interest near this luxury resort include Honolulu Zoo and Waikiki Aquarium.

Resort Features.
This Honolulu property has a private beach. The Royal Hawaiian, A Luxury Collection Resort features a restaurant and a bar/lounge. Room service is available 24 hours a day. Recreational amenities include 2 outdoor swimming pools. Also located on site are a health club, a spa tub, and a fitness facility. The property's full-service health spa has massage/treatment rooms and beauty services. This 5-star property has a business center and offers small meeting rooms and a meeting/conference room. This Honolulu property has event space consisting of banquet facilities, conference/meeting rooms, and a ballroom. The property offers a roundtrip airport shuttle (surcharge). Wedding services, concierge services, and tour/ticket assistance are available. Guest parking is limited, and available on a limited first-come, first-served basis (surcharge). Additional property amenities include a rooftop terrace, valet parking, and a concierge desk. This is a smoke-free property.

528 air-conditioned guestrooms at The Royal Hawaiian, A Luxury Collection Resort feature CD players and laptop-compatible safes. Beds come with premium bedding. Bathrooms feature jetted bathtubs, makeup/shaving mirrors, designer toiletries, and bathrobes. Wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. In addition to desks and fax machines, guestrooms offer phones with voice mail. Flat-panel televisions have pay movies. Also included are safes and complimentary newspapers. Guests may request a turndown service, in-room massages, and hypo-allergenic bedding. Housekeeping is available daily. Guestrooms are all non-smoking.

Notifications and Fees:

The following facilities will be closed from 1 March 2010 until further notice: Bar/Lounge

The following mandatory hotel-imposed fees are charged and collected by the hotel either at check-in or check-out. Resort fee: USD 20.94 per room, per night Hotel resort fee inclusions: Internet access Phone calls In-room bottled water Self parking Additional inclusions The above list may not be comprehensive. Mandatory hotel-imposed fees may not include tax and are subject to change.

The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out. Valet parking fee: USD 15 per day

The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.

You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed. Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.

The Royal Hawaiian a Luxury Collection Resort Amenities

• Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Beauty Salon
  • Health Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes