The Rows

The Rows - Rows 4, Chester

The Rows Chester Reviews

davidx davidx
Special to Chester Nov 08, 2010
I used to pass through Chester on my way to North Wales years ago until new roads made it unnecessary but I only once stopped to look before last year, when I spent most of a day there.

There's plenty worth seeing: the Cathedral - though it's not one of my top favourites; the castle - OK but there are plenty as good; the walls - getting special but rivalled by York; Roman remains - by no means the best in England; The Rows - now you really are seeing something special - I've not seen anything to match them in the UK.

These are galleried walkways that run the along the four streets that meet at the High Cross. Thus they are up a floor from the street and seem almost independent in that the shops of The Rows are not consistent with those of the shops below.

Th black and white shown on the website is common to all of them.
Rows 1, Chester
rows 2, Chester
Rows 3, Chester
Town Hall, Chester

Related Travel Blogs About The Rows

this was the rough Itinerary I'd compiled for my travel throughout Isles
Day 1)  London-Cardiff.  Travel via Hampton Court to Salisbury Plain to visit Stonehenge.  Later, view beautiful Salisbury Cathedral before continuing to Bath for an afternoon city tou…Chester to see its Tudor architecture and galleried shops known as The Rows.   see the ancient encircling walls and view…

Check Chester Hotel Deals