The Roosevelt Hotel

Check New York Hotel Deals

The Roosevelt Hotel New York Reviews

camillegagnon10 camilleg…
Good priced hotel in great location - but no luxury here Jan 26, 2013
Hotel is very well situated. We got a deal and were happy about having the chance to walk everywhere. The rooms are small, but not noisy. The view from the window was pretty awful, directly on the AC machines. Overall it was a good experience for the price, but don't be frazzled by the 4 star mark... this is not a 4 stars hotel. Maybe just the lobby, which was very nice... especially since we were visiting during the Christmas time, there was a nice big tree.
Steph_Prichard87 Steph_Pr…
Great Location! Great Hotel! Jun 05, 2011
I travelled to NYC in December 2010. I tried to do alot of research and after being in NYC before i thought the best place to be would be Times Square. So i booked the hotel and waited for my trip........Only to find an email stating my hotel was under maintenance and we had been moved, to the Roosevelt!

I was very lucky to be have moved as this hotel had completley passed me by, nevermind that it was more expensive than the basic hotel i had booked.

So firstly, the location! It's amazing a block from 5th Ave, a block from Grand Central. Everything in that case could be made a block away the subways are so regular.

The rooms are quite spacious and bathrooms generous with bath and shower. The lobby and bar were beautifully decorated for christmas and staff always welcoming and happy yo help.

Overall, for its location alone i would definatley stay there again!

Hope this is helpful, ask any questions if needed.
jenn79 jenn79
Large hotel near Grand Central Jan 20, 2010
I got to see Roosevelt Hotel when Sal came to visit for a conference. It's one of the larger hotels in Manhattan, spanning from 44th to 45th streets on Madison.

There are probably a hundred rooms on each floor, making the capacity of this hotel well over a thousand rooms. 6 large elevators carry the potentially enormous traffic.

The lobby is super luxurious and there's a bar that's open very late on premises, along with gift shops. The front desk is very nice and helpful with bags, getting taxis and printing out boarding passes.

The rooms are small, but large enough to walk around, unlike some that I've stayed at for 3x the price. Not sure what rack rate is, but I believe Sal got this hotel for under $100 a night including taxes, on a Friday night.

You can't go wrong here, clean, convenient and friendly. Comfortable size but not luxuriously so, and nice comfy beds!
lobby of Roosevelt Hotel
jaypost jaypost
Roosevelt Hotel - NYC Oct 14, 2008
Location, Location, Location.

In the heart of Midtown. Close to Grand Central Station, Time Square, Broadway, Rockefella Center, Central Park...

The Door Man is very friendly and helpful. He really helped us out with transportation when we needed it quickly. Plus helped us with storeing our luggage when our room wasn't ready, so we could start sightseeing.

Check for special rate on several of the travel/hotel site and also their website( http://www.theroosevelthotel.com ) and see what is possible.

The lobby is impressive. The standard rooms are nice and roomy for NYC.

This hotel was the location for several movies like Maid in Manhattan.
Lobby
dunkuk dunkuk
Jan 14, 2008
Great location, beautiful lobby, but the staff leave alot to be desired. During our stay we had no hot water most mornings, half of the lifts weren't working (so we had to walk up and down 9 floors) and when we complained the staff didn't seem to be bothered that we were paying customers. It's only saving grace was it's location, 10 minute walk to Times Square, 2 minutes through a passageway to GCT and some great bars and restaurants nearby.
deniseschipper denisesc…
Dec 17, 2006
Great hotel! Rooms are small but cosy decorated. Right around the corner from Grand Central Terminal, 5th avenue shopping and Rockefellar Center. It's not the cheapest but great location!
Entrance
Room
WanderingJim Wanderin…
Great location Mar 17, 2004
Only spent my sleep time in the Roosevelt NYC so did not take advantage of anything else that the hotel had.

Hotel is within walking distance of Grand Central Station, Times Square and only one block away from the shopping on 5th Avenue.

Was part of a package, so true room rate not known, but having spent only £400 on a trans atlantic flight and 6 nights between Boston & NY (3 in each), I guess I got a bargin!!

Staff did their job. Didn't really need their help as people I was travelling with knew the city quite well.
WanderingJim says:
No probs Eric
Posted on: Sep 08, 2010
Eric says:
Thanks for your hotel review, Jamie!
Posted on: Sep 08, 2010

• Exhibit Space
  • Salon
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Health Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower