The Roasted Bean

875 Beach Blvd Biloxi, Biloxi, MS, USA

The Roasted Bean Biloxi Reviews

moviegal226 moviegal…
S-L-O-W Sep 30, 2016
The Roasted Bean is located in the lobby of the Beau Rivage hotel and casino. Because of this, they KNOW they have a captive audience (so the menu is full of inflated tourist prices) and they don't really have to make that much of an effort to provide good service or craft good coffee. Some items are obviously marked up more than others; $3.75 for a small, mediocre cappuccino is just nuts while $1.25 for a decent shot of espresso is reasonable.

There is a huge display case with yummy looking baked goods that tempted me but I was able to resist and just went for the coffee instead. My espresso was much better than I expected and not bitter (thankfully better than the awful swill they serve at Starbucks), and the cappuccino was good enough but still lacking (the teeny amount of foam was pathetic, a sign of an unskilled barista).

The major problem with this place is that the service is irritatingly S-L-O-W. There were two people -- TWO -- ahead of us in line and I swear it took nearly 20 minutes for the folks behind the counter to take orders and prepare the drinks. I think the "baristas" had one-track minds so they were unable to multitask, which resulted in long waits for your order.

Check Biloxi Hotel Deals