The Riverhouse Backpackers

The Riverhouse Backpackers Rates and Deals

The Riverhouse Backpackers Cardiff Reviews

TheTravelApprentice TheTrave…
Top Quality Hostel Nov 02, 2013
Another beauty of a hostel.

Large kitchen with enough room for a 2-4 people to cook.

There’s a terrace outside for socializing and eating with tables with privacy from the neighborhood for a quiet meal or reading a book.

It's located across the river from the huge Cardiff Stadium so it can’t be missed. The Riverhouse Hostel is close to the very creepy Cardiff Castle and downtown is only a short walk away. The bus station is only a 10-15 minute walk away too.

The bedrooms and bathrooms were tidy and clean.

The other travelers were friendly and I even had dinner with a few people I met too.

I spent a few days here getting over my jet-lag and it wasn’t too busy but it’s wasn’t empty. My sleeping routine was a little off but I had no problems napping at odd times as this hostel isn’t noisy or disturbing.
The Hostel seen from across the Ri…
Lightning storm
spocklogic says:
Nice synopsis - british style.
Posted on: May 13, 2011
PuddinGirl PuddinGi…
The Riverhouse Backpackers Feb 05, 2011
Recently stayed in Cardiff for a couple of nights and have to say that that is the best hostel I have been to. Really helpful and friendly staff, great selection for breakfast, and also a quite hostel which was nice. If I were staying in Cardiff again I would definitely book there again.
pyrrho pyrrho
Lives up to its recent rewards Mar 10, 2009
I read the recent Guardian review and had an upcoming trip to Cardiff. Normally I'd find a cheap hotel, but that would normally mean staying in somewhere away from the centre of the city.

It's really easy to find - just go to the opposite side of the river to the Millenium Stadium. It's about five/ten minutes' walk away from the train station.

I was greeted by a very friendly and chatty Dutch girl, who showed me around the facilities. The hostel is very well equipped and everything is clean and nice-smelling! I had a twin room, as I had to get up at 5.45am the next morning and didn't want to disturb people.

Free Wi-Fi, a good book collection and free breakfast (thank you whoever got up at 5am to make mine, especially) make this hostel a great place to stay.

Check The Riverhouse Backpackers Rates and Deals