The Ritz Restaurant - London

www.theritzlondon.com/dining… - +44 (0) 20 7493 8181

The Ritz Restaurant - London Reviews

Jo104 Jo104
English High Tea Apr 08, 2017
Going to the Ritz for a proper English is something very special, no jeans or trainers are allowed & for the gentlemen jacket & tie is a must. The Palm court is very ornate with chandeliers and opulent table settings. Sometimes there is additional entertainment in the evenings like a soprano singer.

The tea consists of a 3 tiered trolley with sandwiches made from variety of breads on the bottom layer, crusts cut of course. Ham and grain mustard, cheddar cheese and chutney, cucumber with cream cheese and chives, chicken breast and horseradish, Scottish salmon with lemon butter, egg mayonnaise and watercress.

Next layer is Apple devon scones with strawberry preserve jam & clotted cream.

The third layer is a selection of tartlets and cream cakes and pastries.

A variety of teas 16 in fact including rooibos for south African tea lovers, mint infused Moroccan notes, lemon verbena and of course Earl Grey are just a few served in fine bone china or indeed coffee if you wish.

Update 2017: The cost is fairly high at £54 p/p & 30 for children also remembering to book early (ie: 12 weeks ahead) to avoid dissapointment. When I we ended up having high tea at 7.30pm.

If you want champagne it is GBP70 p/p and add extra per person if you want a speciality cake added to the tea . Currently an offer is a free glass of champagne at 7.30pm sittings.

I have to say that I would not say this was my best ever high tea especially for the price, although it was a treat so someone else was footing the bill. The toilets are pretty spectacular or should I rather refer to them as the powder room.
cake I love a bit of cake
german_eagle says:
This list would be very helpful. Very sorry to hear that about the VT tips :(
Jo104 says:
I think I am going to make a high tea list, just discovered I only have about a third of my vt tips recovered :-(
german_eagle says:
Certainly expensive, but it sounds like a special experience. How nice that it was a treat :-)
Tanyaxo Tanyaxo
Afternoon Tea @ the Ritz. May 22, 2011
Tea @ The Ritz! Well, it's something you have to do once you in your lifetime, I've only ever been to the Ritz in London, so cannot comment on any of the others, however it is truly elegant like they say... It is pricey but its something you MUST do especially if you are in visiting London, after all its only tea ;) Tables have to booked about 3 months in advance but I would recommend it, 100 times over! I've done it the once and would love to do it again you are treated like a complete and utter princess!

I think the traditional tea menu is something around £40.00 per person eeeek! The menus are on their website to have a look but you must do it do it do it! It's a truly astonishing experience!

Related Travel Blogs About The Ritz Restaurant - London

Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…London .   After I going a massive Toyota Land Cruiser with 2 Japanese girls and a guide and started out tour.   This took us in to a lion…

Check London Hotel Deals