The Regent Bejing

Check Beijing Hotel Deals

The Regent Bejing Beijing Reviews

ac1980 ac1980
Luxurious, central and affordable in comparison! Aug 04, 2011
I really didn't know what to expect in China as a first time visitor but this hotel did not dissapoint. Whilst they did not have a King Room as booked, they upgraded me to an executive suite with 2 comfortable double beds. It was only me, so a double was fine.

Located on the 2nd Ring Rd, this hotel is central to the Forbidden City & Tian'amnen Square and in any event, taxi's are so cheap if you need to head out of down it doesn't cost you that much.

Only speaking English I thought this would be a massive barrier, but all hotel staff spoke some english so conversing was OK. In terms of taxi's they had cards which selected your desitnation in Chinese and also the taxi number - the card then doubled as insruction to the driver to get you home! It worked fanastically!

My room was spacious, fit out was classy and the bathroom was huge. Beautiful bathtub stood alone in the bathroom with separate shower which could fit about 5 people! Complimentary water, apples and broadband, it was the type of room you could live in.

Buffet breakfast was substantial and catered for all tastes with many of the dishes cooked fresh by a number of chefs / cooks. Wait staff were very attentive and the coffee mug would only be empty if you wanted it to be! Breakfast was included in the room price (for me anyway).

The Lobby Lounge was classy, the piano playing simply beautiful. I spent my last night, drinking a local beer with some finger food writing in my journal to the sounds of the piano. It was almost a pefect moment in time.

The hotel has a number of restarants, a massage service until 2am and large fitness centre including pool and jacuzzi but I didn't have time to trial any of these.

All in all, I actually cannot fault any aspect of my stay at this hotel. Only two things if I was being really picky is that there wasn't extensive cable TV or movies (not that I could see anyway)....but I wasnt in China to watch TV!! Also the food prices / room service were pretty typical of back home, but it is a 5 star hotel, so to be expected!

I would highly recommend this as a place to stay.

Check Beijing Hotel Deals