The Red Squirrel

0151 929 4801

The Red Squirrel Liverpool Reviews

jeminigirl jeminigi…
Food for all the Family Oct 16, 2011
We often have a drive out to this great pub which is located about 15 minutes from home.

The atmosphere is that of a family friendly pub where everybody is welcome. Bookings can be taken and I would recommend this if your party is larger than four people. Although on the majority occasions when we have 'just turned up' we have been accommodated. There was one occasion when we had to wait 15 minutes or so, but that was not a problem given that we just ordered drinks from the bar and sat by a cosy log fire.

The menu offers a wide choice off the grill, then you just combine this with a sauce of your choice, a side order and a bowl which you can fill with unlimited salad. On the occasions that I have visited I have always opted for the 1/2 spit roasted chicken which comes with a sweetcorn cob, chips (but you can also choose from rice, jacket potato or baby boiled potatoes) and lots of salad, in fact if you finish one bowl of salad you just go back to the counter and fill up again. A selection of bread rolls and butter are also included. The price for this is 6.29 all inclusive. Steaks are slightly more expensive at 9.89 for a 8oz rump, they also do grill combination platters ranging from 9.99 for one person to 19.99 for two depending on your selections. Great value for money in my opinion.

The dessert menu is spectacular and the ice cream sundaes are absolutely huge, too much for one person really so we always tend to share, the sundaes are all under 4.00 and I can highly recommend the Black Forest Sundae which is a combination of Cornish ice cream, melted chocolate fudge cake pieces, red cherries in a sweet cherry sauce and topped off with fluffy cream - simply LUSH.

A great place to dine whether dinner after work or for a weekend lunch treat.
sarahsan says:
Sounds like my kind of place!
Posted on: May 27, 2012