The Red Lion

020 8560 1457

The Red Lion Ealing Reviews

menzi44 menzi44
Great little pub Jul 22, 2011
Another local hang-out for my uni mates and I during my study years in England, The Red Lion was one of our favorite places. It's a little on the pricey side, but that rarely stopped us as we grew to love the place too much to stop going back.

The Red Lion is situated right near Ealing Studios (one of the oldest film studios in the world) so it's become the local hang out for all the film buffs who work there and boast decorations to match with the walls covered in old photos of stars from the past and classic films. We were all young and eager film students, so perfect for us! But for your average Joe just there for a night of food and drink the place is great anyway.

The food is really good (I'd recommend the chilli or the haddock and chips), mostly standard pub fare, but done really well with an extra bit of flare to make it really great pub food. Drinks are what you'd expect to find in a bar (little tip - don't ask them to make a mojito cos there's a girl there who hates doing them and she'll give you evil eyes all night).

It's lovely and warm in winter and completely embraces that old-school English pub feel. I had one of my favorite nights here actually. Me and my mates spent the evening there (they let us stay after close while they packed up - that's how regular we were) and then when we finally left, we walked out the front of this little old pub onto the street and it was snowing...really awesome night.

So to sum up, great little pub and if you're in the area I'd definitely drop in for a visit.
The pub at night