The Rainbow Bistro

www.therainbow.ca - 613-241-5123

The Rainbow Bistro Ottawa Reviews

EMC22 EMC22
Live Blues Rock May 17, 2011
This is a fun spot if you're looking for good live music (specifically blues and rock) in downtown Ottawa. The first time I went, a friend and I decided we were going to go out to see a band we'd never heard of and become fans for the night. This was an excellent choice.

There is usually a cover to get in, but once or twice when I've been, the guy at the door has lowered the price, or waived the cover altogether if it turned out some people in the group didn't have money to spend on getting in. There are also free shows in the afternoon... check the website for specifics.

The price for beer seemed pretty reasonable, and the place had a nice vibe. The crowd varies depending on the night and the band, but when I went my friend and I were the youngest ones there. There's a small dance floor, but it's more the type of place you go to grab a drink and watch the band.

They have a schedule available on their website, including some regular events. Sunday Blues Jam sounds like fun and happens weekly, and Saturday afternoons are free shows featuring up-and-coming rock and roll acts.

The Rainbow is definitely worth checking out if you're looking for live music. Check the site ahead of time, or just drop in and see who's playing. As I said, the atmosphere really depends on the night/the band.

Check Ottawa Hotel Deals