The Pub

140 Dorfstraße, Kitzbuhel, Austria

The Pub Kitzbuhel Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
The Pub Mar 21, 2011
The Pub is a bar (unsurprisingly) in Kitzbuhel, Austria.  When we were there, there was a bar crawl from two of the ski companies and karaoke – I don’t know if there is always karaoke or only when there is a bar crawl, so you might want to check.  The ceiling is covered in little glass balls.  If you know me at all, you will know that this is enough to impress me on its own.  There are also colourful posters on the stairs, and the busy bar staff managed to serve everyone quickly, and even to smile indulgently at my terrible German before switching to flawless English when it became clear that I couldn’t manage anything more complicated than “Zwei Bier Bitter.

The Karaoke was great fun, nicely run and I had a lovely evening.  I probably would go back.  The only small thing to highlight is that although Austria appears to have some restrictions on smoking, these also seem to be a little flexible – the bar was far more smoky than most European bars have been for a long time which is difficult if you a) hate cigarette smoke or b) love cigarette smoke and only managed to give up because of the smoking ban.  This bar is up a flight of stairs, so if you are either disabled or struggling with a ski injury, you might struggle a little.

Check Kitzbuhel Hotel Deals