The Pride of Africa: Kenya Airways

The Pride of Africa: Kenya Airways - Kenya Airways 737-800

The Pride of Africa: Kenya Airways Nairobi Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
My very first flight carrier Feb 21, 2009
Kenya Airways was the very first carrier I traveled on from Kampala to Nairobi many years ago. I have flown this airline so many times that I can confidently say it is a great choice within Continental Africa and Internationally with it's partner KLM. When in Africa and particularly East Africa, do as the Africans do - fly Kenya Airways
Africancrab says:
You will be happy with Kenya Airways
Posted on: Sep 03, 2012
missandrea81 says:
I was just looking at flights to Zanzibar. Thinking about going there in January. Me thinks I might choose Kenya Airways over Ethiopia Airlines after reading your reviews. ;)
Posted on: Aug 30, 2012
akip says:
Wonderful remarks thanks.
Posted on: Jan 19, 2012
bigmac993 bigmac993
Kenya Airways - Defending African Airlines Jan 01, 2008
In the short time I have known about TravBuddy I have not read a positive review of an African airline. And that was my impression too from years of reading about plane crashes etc. in Africa. On New Years Eve 2007 I flew from Houston, Texas to Mombasa, Kenya. It was a last minute decision and I had to buy a near last minute ticket. I booked the flight with KLM to Amsterdam and the only connecting flight they had to Nairobi was with Kenya Airways. I am thinking "Oh Crap" what should I do? I decided to roll the dice and go and was I ever pleasently surprised. I had a 10 or 12 hour layover in Amsterdam after arriving there early in the morning from an overnight flight from Houston. So I did some tourist things for a while until I got too cold and then rested at the Amstersdam airport for my night flight that left a little after 9PM. I was very pleasently surprised to see that the aircraft was a nearly new Boeing 777 and off we went. This was a new adventure for me because I had never flown to Africa before and had only been there on a merchant ship and I was very excited! The plane was near new so there was no room for complaint there and the cabin crew were so friendly, courteous, and efficient. We flew for a while, dinner was served quickly (it was a better than average by airlines standards) and cleared away when the captain announced that we were crossing a time zone and it was now the new year! I forgot to mention that the captain had given a fairly long talk before we took off and just hearing his voice and the words he said increased my confidence in an African airline. Well, we all cheered for the New Year and what do you know they had "Cold" Tusker beer on board. As many of you know Tusker is the national beer in Kenya. So we all had a couple of Tuskers and it could be ordered cold or warm as some prefer. We flew on across the Med and above Egypt and the captain continued to give us very friendly updates on our location and arrival date. I believe he was the most friendly captain I have ever heard and I have flown more than a million miles in my lifetime. He really helped increase our confidence in the airline. We arrived in Nairobi early in the morning and landed uneventfully. After clearing customs and buying my visa I waited for my connecting flight to Mombasa. Finally we left and it was a nice Boeing 737 in good condition. There was an Islamic convention in Mombasa and most of the plane was filled with conventions goers. I spent most of the flight talking with these people and enjoyed their explanations of the convention and the religious meanings. On my return home later that month I again took a Kenya Airways flight from Mombasa to Nairobi and the aircraft was a brand new Boeing 737-800! I had only seen pictures of this aircraft at this point. It was a very smooth ride which I badly needed after the huge goodbye party my Mombasa friends gave me the night before. I now wished that I had taken Kenya Airways back to Amsterdam but I was booked on the KLM flight which is also good, with much more friendly cabin crews than any American airline. Kenya Airways' slogan is the "Pride of Africa" and for me, that is a well deserved slogan. I highly recommend this airline to anyone and will fly with them any chance I have. I had never head of TravBuddy at this time and did not take any photos of the inside of the planes or the outsides. The photos of the planes are from Kenya Airways website. The one picture of the sunrise over the Kenya mountains was taken by me.
Kenya Airways