The Potato Museum

www.potatomuseum.com - (208) 785-2517

The Potato Museum Blackfoot Reviews

esterrene esterrene
The potato Capital of the WORLD! Jul 28, 2010
Everything must have its own museum! including the potato

I am personally a big fan of the Potato and had to stop and see the museum dedicated to one of my favorite veggies!

The museum is located about 20 miles south of Idaho Falls in the small town of Blackfoot. It was a small museum that can be easily explored in 45 minutes. The museum exhibits followed the history of the potato from its cultivation in Peru, to its impact in Europe to its arrival in the States by immigrants.

This is a place where you will leave knowing a little more than you did when you entered.
Museum is housed in a former train…
esterrene says:
I drove by the museum several times before I finally had some free time to stop by and see it! I love the potato and had fun reading all the trivia.. Its small but fun!

This town is called the potato capital because the surrounding county is known for bagging 2 billion lbs of potatoes a year! and there are a lot of Irish here! my family included! :P:P maybe that is why I love the potato so much! LOL!
Posted on: Jul 29, 2010
fransglobal says:
Famous potatoes. Interesting, thanks.

Ireland is the potato capital of the world! At least we're one of the largest consumers in the world. This had tragic results in 1845 but on the other hand this helps explain why there so many Irish in the US.
Posted on: Jul 29, 2010
aipoopyhead says:
Wow, this is pretty fascinating!
I never thought there'd be an entire museum dedicated to potatoes!
Posted on: Jul 28, 2010