The Porterhouse Temple Bar

16-18 Parliament Street, Dublin, Ireland

The Porterhouse Temple Bar Dublin Reviews

tj1777 tj1777
Porterhouse Brewpub Jan 29, 2011
Dublin is famous for its stout - of course when you say stout in Dublin most people think of Guinness. But for beer lovers this is not all that clear. There is another brewery in Dublin - the Porterhouse brewery - which is the second biggest brewery in Dublin. They sell their own beers in a couple of pubs in Dublin and the UK. The biggest of their pubs is located in the Temple Bar district in Dublin. And if you like great beer this is the place to go.

You can get 9 different draft beers from the brewery 3 of which are their different stout beers. Apparently the Plain Porter has been selected as the best stout in Dublin - remember Guinness is a stout brewed in Dublin as well.

If you decide you don’t like to taste the best stout in Dublin you can choose one of Porterhouse other beers on tap. If you don’t want to taste these great beers there is a huge selection of other beers on bottles. But who would want anything but the true Porterhouse beers when you visit the Porterhouse pub?

If you want to just taste the beers you can by a tasting menu where you get three small glasses with three different beers for 5€. This is probably the sensible way to taste the beers instead of my approach of doing the tasting using pint glasses.

If you feel hungry or just want some solid food to supplement the great beers. The food is the usual pub kind of food it’s good but not spectacular. At night there is a live band playing as well.
Stilt
Jamal1280 says:
Yeah, me too :) I especially enjoyed meeting you there Christian, and the others.
Posted on: Jul 09, 2011
Chokk says:
I must say that I really liked the place
Posted on: Jun 11, 2011
Chokk Chokk
A great place to hang out and meet your friends Jun 10, 2011
There are many reasons to write a positive review about this place but the most obvious is that it was the meeting place for the first night of the 3-day TB meet-up in Dublin. To me it was the first time in a Porterhouse and it was also new that there were more of them.

I had just arrived in Dublin one hour earlier from my visit to Northern Ireland and the Giants Causeway and I had learnt that my hotel was in a good distance from the city center, so my first question at the hotel was how long it would take me to get the Porterhouse. She replied to quickly; which one? The answer was not what I had expected because now I had to find Internet access in order to find out where Francis had booked us.

I took a taxi and I was at the Porterhouse in just around 12 euro, which meant that I was on time. I could immediately see that I would like the place from the outside and looking at all the bar inside it further grew on me. The bars had a good selection of beers and they were quite fast in taking the orders and serving.

At our TB table we were able to give orders to the waitress but it was faster to get the things by on your own. There was a good ambiance at the place and we had naturally a great time. We were quite a group: Francis as the organizer together with maithanfear (Adrian) and then all of us: tj1777 (Mickey), danikbates (Danik the Explorer) and his cute wife, Olga; globetrottingmike (Mike); ambershee (Luke); christl3 (Lorna); fentan (Andrew); StutseyBell (Bernie); 34Chicago23 (Lindsay); pommy (James); Jamal1280 (Jamal) and derekwegener (Derek).

The place was quite full and the music was good and the more I had to drink the more fun I had. The live musician was better than average and all in all I had a great time there.
Daniel and me
Jamal and Luke
The group or some of it
Mike
krizz75 krizz75
Good place for a beer and live music at the weekend May 25, 2011
I went to this place many times. Good selection of beer. Food is OK for a pub, but its rather a place for drinking then eating. There is a live music starting at 10pm every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. You can also watch sport on several tv. Overall a good place, probably the best on the sea front in Bray.
lulusartshack lulusart…
Aug 06, 2006
This place was recommended to me by a guy on the train from Waterford back to Dublin. I went the first night, then back again any other night I was in Dublin. The beers are not badly priced, they have their own brews and a good selection of international beers. The Plain (like Guinness without the aftertaste) and Fruli (fruity strawberry beer) were my favorites, but they have for all tastes, including an oyster stout brewed with (what else) oysters. I gave it a try, but the flavor was a bit overpowering. The best part of the Porterhouse is the music though. They have music most every night, be sure to check out Sliotar and Uncovered, a couple of the reglar bands.

Check Dublin Hotel Deals