27 Gloucester Ave, Montego Bay, Jamaica

The Pork Pit Montego Bay Reviews

MartinFinigan MartinFi…
Great local food at a bargain price Mar 20, 2012
Having looked up this place in the 1000 places to see before you die book I had high hopes. I am pleased to say this place lived up to my expectations. Cooked on the open grill for a great smokey taste, I went back twice. The second time the jerk chicken was so good I went for a half chicken and bread and with a beer it was still not much more than $12. Great value. I went during the week at lunchtime when it was a bit quieter.

As the previous review stated this is not fancy dining, paper plates and plastic forks, but it is all about the food. Keep up the good work!
Flyinhigh says:
Mmmmmm, pork pit! With a name like that it must be good!!!
Posted on: Mar 21, 2012
ellechic ellechic
Best Jamaican Jerk Pork in Montego Bay! Jul 12, 2008
For the best mouth watering, melt-in-your-mouth Jamaican jerk pork, The Pork Pit is the place to get it! Smothered with Jamaican spices and grilled in the open-air for everyone to smell, this Montego Bay restaurant serves Jamaican's famous jerk pork. The pork is very tender and the spices engulfs your senses.

The Pork Pit is 10-15 minutes walk from Montego Bay's Strip or try taking a taxi, and ask them to take you to The Pork Pit - but expect to pay at least $10 for the ride.

Everything is informal here. So don't expect fancy plates and utensils - you'll get plastic spoon/forks, your delicious jerk pork/chicken serve in styrofoam and your drinks in a can or cups. There are seating available indoors where you pay for your order or you can choose one of the tables circling the open air grill where you can pick up your order.

You have three choices of meats: pork, chicken and beef - in half-pound (approx $6) and one-pound orders (approx. $12) good enough for 2 people. Sides are less than $4: corn on the cob, baked potato, baked yam, french fries or salad. And drinks, you can choose soda and Jamaica's own lager, Red Stripe to fully immerse yourself with a Jamaican meal. Combo meals are also available.

I HIGHLY recommend the jerk pork. The jerk chicken and jerk beef is great, too! There is also fish for those who choose to forgo meat - although you'd miss out greatly if you do so.
tbauer66 says:
Yes, this is great cusine, my favorite is the jerk chicken. Had some last Sunday!
Posted on: Mar 02, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About The Pork Pit

'Jamaican' me feel like travelling again....
Sorry for the dreadful pun incorporated into the title of this section, but a trip to the Caribbean in January 2006 replaced the regular annual January ski fixture, and was yet another encounter w…Montego Bay's 'Hip Strip', which contained a few overpriced eateries, and a terrific fast-food style jerk speciality place called the 'Pork Pit'. Downtown…
Jamaica's infamous Jerk BBQ
We woke up to our usual routine of breakfast before hitting the beach. We planned a more active day than the previous day so we enjoyed the water after breakfast and went into the pool on the other s…Montego Bay Strip shops on our way to The Pork Pit for dinner. The afternoon passed by quick. More pool…

Check Montego Bay Hotel Deals