The Porch

(214) 828-2916

The Porch Dallas Reviews

tjs123 tjs123
Good but long wait May 20, 2011
The food is good but the lines can be long. I like the ribs. Get there at 650pm and it is much better than 7pm because the wait is bad.

Also be sure to dress trendy as this place is full of people watchers.
williamsworld williams…
An American Melting Pot of Cusine Sep 04, 2009
I was really impressed with this place. It was a Friday night, the placed was pretty packed, but they still seemed to get us seated within a reasonable time and they were just so friendly. They had a big bowl of Starburst at the hostess counter that took a bite out of our hunger. The Bartenders were all into their job and seemed genuinely interested in us. We had a child with us and they brought him out crayons and some coloring sheets to keep him engaged while we waited for our table. Great!

Just like our American food culture, The Porch menu was a culinary melting pot combining a broad range of classic urban tavern, neighborhood bistro, boulevard cafe, corner bar and grill and home-style favorites. I had the fried shrimp and fries, they were great. There was such a variety, we all ordered various dishes and shared with each other. Everyone seemed full and satisfied with the meal. Always one who loves to check out the wine list, theirs was a globe spanning, easy drinking treat for both the novice and the experienced to enjoy. The 45' bar features hand crafted cocktails including retro classics and neo-classics with house made syrups, infusions and fresh juices. The atmosphere is a relaxed one and the service style is friendly and well informed.

Come as you are, bring an appetite, be thirsty and they will take care of the rest. One of my criteria for a great restaurant is always, how clean are the floors. These beautiful wooden floors were so clean, that we actually got down on them and colored. The restrooms were just as clean. They were just feeding and taking care of people....just like home. I would recommend this place without any hesitation.
clean inside