The Point Orlando Resort

Check Orlando Hotel Deals

The Point Orlando Resort Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice apartments Apr 29, 2013
I was back in Orlando for a conference and to my liking this time we were not confined to any Disney World conference area and I had therefore booked a hotel a bit away from where the conference would take place. After some research I had decided on The Point Orlando Resort, which was located in an area that I had stayed before. Let it be said that Orlando is absolutely not my favorite place to spend some time and I would probably never stay there again if it were not for the conferences that took place there.

I had some difficulties in having my GPS to find the hotel, but after laughing a bit at myself I found it just in front of me. I found a parking space in front of the hotels main entrance and I walked in to the reception. I could not remember at this point remember why I had booked a room there besides that I had gotten a king size bed at a fair price close to the conference area. The guy behind the counter quickly found my booking and started some kind of a monotone preaching about the hotels facilities; it sounded kind of strange like sound from the distance without any feelings. When I was about to get the next song about the area I cut him off and said that I knew the areas and I could see that he was as relieved as I was.

I was given a room or an apartment as it turned out on the 10th floor. He showed me a drawing that I first had to enter one door that lead into a small corridor that had two doors and mine would be the left one. When I opened the left door I was quite positively surprised; I stepped into a large room that was a combined living room and kitchen. It was really large and I could not help smiling a bit. The kitchen area was complete with a giant fridge and freezer. There was a dishwasher and a cabinet with both washing machine and a dry tumbler. There was a stove as well and it even came with a small package of washing liquid, dishwasher soap and so on.

The living room was large with round table with 4 chairs and sofa arrangement in front of a balcony overlooking the hotels pool area and a small part of the monotone Orlando hotel area. Next to this room there was the bedroom and a connecting bathroom that was huge. It had shower and a tub, closets with ironing board; nothing was missing. The bedroom was almost the smallest room and there was space to a good king size bed. I must say that I was pleased with room.

The Wi-Fi connection in the room worked perfectly as it did all over the hotel. It even worked at the pool area it turned out. The parking spaces at the hotel were free of charge you only had to have a sign in the window. There were some things about the hotel that I didn’t like and one of them was that there wasn’t a real restaurant at the hotel, but I guess more of the guests would use the kitchen that they had in their apartments. Another thing was the fact that if you bought food at the pool area it was served in a plastic box, and you were given plastic a plastic knife and fork. The beers were even served in a plastic cup; I found that to much even in Orlando.
The living room and balcony
The view at day
The view at night
The bathroom
trippin_jen says:
funny write up! haha! but i want disney! hahaha
Posted on: May 28, 2013
Chokk says:
Haha Bettina :)
Posted on: May 24, 2013
dahling says:
Leave it to you, to stay in a place bigger than my house ;) AND far away from Disney tztzttztz
Posted on: May 23, 2013
rafborrero rafborre…
“Clean, good service, great location.” May 27, 2013
This is my second stay here and it was a great as the first. I was in a suite, next time I'll try the one bedroom since it has a small kitchen and a balcony.

The shuttle to Universal was free, on time with a good drop-off and pick-up schedule. The rooms themselves are very modern and clean. Overall I love this hotel, I plan to stay here for all my non-Disney Orlando trips.

If you're traveling from Florida, they have special Floridan rates. Free parking and is less than a mile from Universal Studios and Wet N Wild.
stosh stosh
Beautiful escape resort near universal studios,orlando,florida Aug 21, 2012
I was going to visit my father in sarasota, but i wanted to go to the theme parks on my way. I decided to look for a better than average hotel near them that was not so expensive. I found the point resort in orlando, just down the street from universal studios. I checked out travel reviews, pictures,etc....and decided to try priceline name your own price....the cheapest i found online was ((.00 per night for a 4 star hotel/resort. I placed a bid for &&.00 per night for a grand suite...it was accepted and when i arrived...It was beautiful!!!! Immediately the staff was right there to assist me,bags, check in, etc.....!! Great.

The room i received was spacious...746 square feet!!! A seperate bedroom, a balcony, mini kithchen, refrig, ...everything you would want if you planned on being there awhile and buying incidental groceries. I purchased simple things, fruit, sandwich stuff, soups, etc.... It alone saved me about 200.00 from not having to eat out for each meal.

The rooms were modern, cleaned daily and had a pleasant smell to them, i asked for extra things like more coffee, extra towels, shampoo, etc.... the staff responded immediately and usually gave me more than i asked for!!!! How great is that????? The room i had, did have a garden-whirlpool tub which was the best medecine after all day at the parks....the beds were pillow-top comfort foam and fantastic.

The hotel had many things to do...for all... the pool was immaculate and water the perfect temperature and was usually not too crowded. If you are a single traveler or a couple with no children....no problem!!! The noise or bustle factor was very low and you barely notice the kids.....The on-site food available was great tasting, fast to arrive at your table and the staff could not have been more nice or helpful.

Over-all, this was the best money i have ever spent on a room!!!! I travel alot for work and have experienced most hotel chains and can say withouy a doubt......Top 2 out the hundreds of rooms i have been in!!! So, whether on vacation, a long weekend or on business in the orlando area......you must go here!!!! Please use priceline or similar site to save you even more and above all-enjoy!!!!!

Steve
The bellman greets you pleasantly …
clean, spacious bathrooms
fantastic kitchen ammenities
this what you can expect to receiv…
vontravel vontravel
Good location, Great Hotel Jun 18, 2011
I stay 6 day in may 2011

This is one of the best hotels in Orlando. Friendly staff, comfortable suites and very well equiped kitchen make this a excelent choice to stay in Orlando.

The resort was very clean, Our stay was extremely comfortable and enjoyable. The Point Orlando Resort lived up to all of our expectations! We loved eating at the bar and watching the game by the pool.

the location are very good near universal studio & sea world

and you can walk at night in universal Dr.

The Point Orlando Resort Amenities

• Disabled Parking
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels